My FI light was blinking today....

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
Didn't shut down the bike. The bike re-started with no problems.

Nothing seems to be awry but am concerned about going out tomorrow and riding. May wait to bring it to the shop on Tuesday morning??

yeah just did the PC3-USB model recently.
i am gonna check the code number in the morning. i'm too friggin tired right now??
thanks for looking out stunnah.
i wanna ride tomorrow!!!!

When I installed my PC I had it way to rich...Caused the FI light to activate...Our bikes do not like fuel...  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114406870 -->

Well ####, I just D/L'ed the map for the Akro and stock filter and put the #### together..... LOL!
Here we go - custom mapping??
$hit!

yeah just did the PC3-USB model recently.
i am gonna check the code number in the morning. i'm too friggin tired right now??
thanks for looking out stunnah.
i wanna ride tomorrow!!!!
once you turn the key off you lose the code. now you know why it shows c-00
the oo code,when its in dealer mode means squat actually. It tell the tech that in theory there is no error.

an FI light can mean a whole truckload of things...

faulty switches an' sensors,like the tip over switch,or open circuits, a fuse...lots , besides an' actual injection prob.

let us know, I'd like to add to my list for that prob.

c41 fuel pump relay circuit fault.- service manual gives you diagnostic flow chart to verify condition and fix for condition if typical failure. Is fuel pump cycling in key ON position. If not check fuse at fuse block. Behind left inner trim panel where, turn signal fuses are etc... to check Dealer mode for troble codes, just use a paperclip ground two wires togather in white connector (DIAG. CONNECTOR) turn key on, if there is a hard code set it will read at the clock LCD. If there is no codes (C00) start bike run for 4 SECONDS, turn off and see if code is set at LCD. If bike will not run CRANK ONLY FOR 4 SECONDS, check for code at LCD. This is the proper procedure for checking for codes short of having a toggle switch from dealer which does the same thing (SHORTS DIAG. CONNECTOR WIRES TOGETHER.):rulez:

Back