My brothers first drag night

LeDauz

Registered
was talking with my brother the other day about his first drag night and decided to share how it went.

First off he is 6'2" and 245lbs, second he was riding my highway busa(18/38 gearing)

his first pass was a horrible mid 12's and a guy in the stands laughed at him saying that it was pathetic run, and that he could do mid 10's on his liter bike.

to avoid a fight/argument I ignored him. since he looked to only weight 145lbs soaking wet. and it would look quite odd seeing a pair of skiny legs sticking out of a tash can.

so question: is mid 12's decent for 6'2" 245lbs on 18/38 gearing with less then 300miles on two wheels? for a first run?

His gearing is way off.
Try 17/43... Thought this was his 1st attempt right..not bad. More seat time and he should be 10.0

The stands and the Internet are home to the fastest racers you will ever meet. Anyone that has the nerve to take a Busa down the track is doing ok. Tell him to keep at it. These bikes are very powerful and take time to understand how to ride them. Someone that owned a 1K will generally not jump on a Busa and run as well. The closest bike I have found to the Busa as far as torque, weight, etc... is racing a ZX14.

so question: is mid 12's decent for 6'2" 245lbs on 18/38 gearing with less then 300miles on two wheels? for a first run?

With only 300 miles experience on bikes, I'd say don't push him~!~

Let him soak it in and he'll get there...

just takes time, the gearing may be helping him to learn the bike, by not making it so apt to pull the front wheel, which inturn he will get some good seat time, after that change the gearing and see what he thinks...:thumbsup:

what everybody else said, 12's are bad but you have to start somewhere, don't worry about the first time out, you said his first pass, what was his best et of the night? He will get better every outing, try and go again soon, laying off a couple weeks doesn't help.

wee

Keep at it. This is a man who has successfully, if you can call it that, flipped a Busa on a launch :laugh: Ease your way up to your desired time, rather than trying to get it the first run or the first day :laugh:

I have found that the fastest guys are always in the stands watching.....lol

tell your brother to relax, it just takes some time. A change in gearing would help get him off the starting line. However the number one goal is to be safe, and have fun. fast timeslips will come later.

Back