Yes, 1/4 mile is more about rider

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
had 7 Busa's show last night for the races (12 bikes total)

of the 3 turbo bikes, best ET was 9.98 by one, the other 2 were in the low to mid 10's

3 normally aspirated bikes (Gen1) ran 9.99 (1) and the rest were mid 10's (most all outran the turbo bikes)

Gen2 bike (only 1)
No turbo, w/pipe and strap 9.14-9.25's over 4 runs (most impressive for a otherwise stock bike)

A few old school Kawi's running nines and a single stretched ZX14 running low 10's

You know a guy that runs over there named Bob?  He drives a white Chevy truck w/ Kanji's in the back window.  Says he races Busa's and some other bikes.  But he also said he races snowmobiles there?

Ring a bell?

There is a guy that "did" race the snowmobiles.. (in fact 2 guys) so I think I know who you are talking about.. they are now running (helping with) an old school Kawi laydown bike If it is the same guy(s), he is an older guy? and could probably offend the more PC types?
rofl.gif

There is a guy that "did" race the snowmobiles.. (in fact 2 guys) so I think I know who you are talking about.. they are now running an old school Kawi laydown bike    If it is the same guy(s), he is an older guy? and could probably offend the more PC types?  
rofl.gif
Yeah, that sounds like him. Ran into him a couple weeks ago. All he did was try to sell my bikes and parts. He was going to buy a vending machine off of me but never showed up to get it. Not a bad guy, just kinda weird.

Sorry bout the thread jack. When I get my bike back together, I'm gonna make a few trips over your way for the races
beerchug.gif

Drag Racing is all about rider skill and weight. It also has a lot to do with bike set-up. There are a lot of combinations to work out before you reach a low ET.

On my bone, factory stock 2003 I can easily pull a 10.2 in the quarter. That was with my body weight over 250lbs. I have lost 30lbs in the past couple months so I should be able to reduce that time a little.

Back