My brother....

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
So I get a call last night from my brother back in MS. He tells me that he has seen my videos on youtube and got on a ZX10R. He is 21 and crazy as hell. He also has an 8th grade education(thats the nicest way i could put it). Stays in trouble with the law too.

So he starts going into his story about the first time he has rode a motorcycle... I have to stop him in mid sentence "before you go into this story tell me what gear you had" his response was "sheet i was wearing shorts, helmet, and flip-flops. no shirt and i had the visor up so everyone can see my face". he was laughing at this point but completely serious. I asked him if he remembered what happened to me when i had my wreck(no gear)? His only response is that if he is going to die, "I want to die doing something fun as hell" oddly enough, I had to remind him that I did not die.....

So going into the story he tells me that he does all the noob things like stalling the motor trying to take off, shifting into neutral instead of 2nd, you know..... so he then tells me that he gets comfy on the thing (as soon as he can go from a dead stop and not stall(about 15 mins into the first ride of his life). He says he gets it into 3rd and pins the throttle.. slows down at 130... mid day traffic, no gear, never been on a bike before. my only response was "Dear God please don't make me bury my own brother". he chuckled.

Oh yeah, he asked me why cant bikes stop as good as cars... come to find out he only used the back brake because "I didnt want to flip over the handlebars".

I start chewing his ass left and right. tell him everything he did wrong and then tried to educate him as best i could over the phone. In one ear and out the other. then tells me that he sees all the fun im having and wanted to feel that.

:please:

I guess all you can hope for in this situation is that the first wreck he has only hurts him enough that it will knock some sense in him.

I think its time for a trip back home and do some home schoolin. Or maybe if you know somebody there that can show him some things in person.

Tough sitch, Keven.

Good luck w/that.

Unfortunately, his behavior is a reflection on us all. Hopefully he'll get bored with it and find something else to do.

:whistle:

The only thing you can do is keep giving him advice and pray. Have him read around on the MSF website and get some pointers. Good luck.

WOW....i hope he takes a course or atleast rides with people who can contain him and show him the RIGHT way....maybe its time to get back home and show him urself or if possible ride with him...hope the best for you, him and ur family.....if it was me i would probly get home, and atleast leave him with good tips, and GREAT gear to ride in

Tough sitch, Keven.

Good luck w/that.

Unfortunately, his behavior is a reflection on us all. Hopefully he'll get hit by our board and find something better to do.

Fixed it for ya braw:laugh:

Tough sitch, Keven.

Good luck w/that.

Unfortunately, his behavior is a reflection on us all. Hopefully he'll get bored with it and find something else to do.

Thats what I am hoping for. If he does try and get a bike, he wont be able to afford any real gear and will not pay to go to a course

Good luck man.. Sounds scary.. you might have to :spank: but repeating your self and going one ear and the other is like :deadhorse: I hope all goes well and he smart's up . :please:

Good luck bro, hopefully it does not take a horrible experience for him to realize what a risk he is taking.

Am I the only one that thinks most gear actually looks cool? I mean beyond the obvious of skin vs asphalt, I like the look of some gear.

Can I ask an obvious question: What kind of an idiot lets their buddy, who has never ridden a motorcycle in their life, take their ZX10R out for a ride?

Had the same talk with my father in law - he's 74!!! Just started riding this year - bought a Spyder. Rides around in Florida with no gear, no helmet and no freakin license!!! I've scraped my arse off the pavement a few times - pickin pebbles out of my butt for months.

Back