My bike wont start

savihc

Registered
Hi I have a 2002 hayabusa limited that i just got yesterday, That i dropped today going 5 mph,
now the temp gauge is at hot when i turn the key and it wont turn on

Uh-oh! I hope you didn't flood it or fowl the plugs! How long had it been since you last tried to start it? How long did it take you to pick it up once you dropped it? Hopefully a more mechanical person will help you out with this post. All I know is if you leave it on the ground for too long fluids start going into places they're not supposed to be i.e. fowling plugs, and what-not. I wish I could help you some more.

Check the tip over switch... what exactly is your bike doing when you turn the key and also, which side did you drop?

If the temp gage is all the way at hot:
Does the fuel pump make the priming noise when you turn the key on?
Does it even try to turn over or nothing at all when your press start?
Sounds electrical to me if the you answered no to the above questions...

I am thinking that it may have jarred/messed up the tip sensor so it wont start or possibly the kickstand switch. Check both? Just a thought.

Damn! quick replies! Well yeah thats exactly what happens.... nothing happens when i try to start it? so that tip over switch can be from any 99-07 am I correct? because i saw some for like 25 bucks plus shipping.
Thanks for the prompt replies

Did you drop it on the left side? If so, there is a small conector on the back side of the clutch lever...wiggle that a little and see if it helps.

this sounds too simple but have to throw it out there. Are you trying to start it w/ kickstand down. That will make the temp guage go all the way up and stay there till you put up the kickstand

Look on the backside of the clutch cylander, underneath, it is just a clear sleeve with two wires coming out of it..

this sounds too simple but have to throw it out there. Are you trying to start it w/ kickstand down. That will make the temp guage go all the way up and stay there till you put up the kickstand
This is what first occurred to me, also. Make sure the bike is in neutral, and make sure the clutch is in. Also, sit on the bike and put the kickstand up, try it then, too.

Waiting for this to work....
tounge.gif

so is there a way to reset the tip over switch when you drop the bike, or should it fix itself? i would think the latter...

Yeah i got it to run, but it seems like some cable is doing some faulty connection because i moved around some cables, got it to run, but once i get to move the handle bar for a while, it turns off. It one of the cables on the left side of the bike under the left hand rest thingy

Did you take the left fairing off? The cables on the left go to all your power lines and cb box. I would carefully inspect each connection and see if you can duplicate it before you get riding. It should not take long and you should find the problem rather quickly.

sorry, but the left fairing is the plastic thing that has the busa sign on it, am I correct? and if so, I'm going to be doing that after school tomorrow, around 12:00 roughly, then im going to take it to school the next day (tuesday) thats the plan
thanks
biggrin.gif

Back