My bike wont idle after it warm.

tocullo

Registered
Can anybody help me.When i first start on the bike it does fine but once it warms up it does not idle,if i release the gas it shut off .any sugestions

This problem has been posted a million times. I am having the same problem right now. I haven't had time to do it yet, but you need to adjust your idle screw, to about 1050 rpm. That is suppose to cure our problem. I will be doing that this weekend, you probably want to do the same. If you are having problems after that, ask for some more advise from the members of this org.

Make it closer to 1200-1300 rpm. You can also remove the idle screw and stretch the spring before putting it back on. That seems to help in keeping it put.
smile.gif

1200+ RPM I agree as well....this will allow you to adjust it less frequently as well....I have about 5800 miles and have adjust twice....once at about 900 miles and then again recently around 5700 miles...

You don't have to lift the tank, you just need a long philips screwdriver and a torch,
on the right side between the tank and frame slip the philips and using the torch guide the tip into the adjuster ...... easy as that!!

Like a couple have said you want to go above 1050, I actually go more around 1300 1400, but that is just me. I've got 20,000 miles on my bike and it has gotten adjusted at least ten times.

You don't have to lift the tank, you just need a long philips screwdriver and a torch,
on the right side between the tank and frame slip the philips and using the torch guide the tip into the adjuster ...... easy as that!!
Just make sure you are using a "flashlight" and not an actual "torch" as it is called in other countries, or you may have a few additonal problems to go along with your idle issue.
AAAssjani.gif

Synchronise the Throttle Bodies also, and check the Throttle position sensor alignment, both easy to do from the service manual, which can be downloaded from this site. I did all this, including loc-tite for the idle screw, at 9500 miles, and the bike runs better than new.

Mike In Illinois 2004 blk/purp

Back