My bike runs horrible, just need a tune?

When I look down at the top of the valves through the throttle body they are wet and shiny... And if I remember correctly, they smell like fuel

Or somewhere up by the left side fairing cause I messed around there too... Good thing is though, I took a photo of my wiring right before I sealed it all back up with electrical tape

I'm quite sure of it. The Map Sensor needs complete idle vacuum or it sends a voltage signal to the ECU which then richens the air/fuel and floods the motor, at or around idle rpm that is.

It won't set the code you were looking for in another thread unless the sensor has failed.

Two spade connectors, I wrapped them up with tape in the harness, if they were disconnected my shift light wouldn't be working

Sounds like you need more then a tune... you are missing something. The bike should run with just add on mods...not great but good enough to get to a tuner.

tomorrow i'm headed up to a guy that owns a dyno and is pretty involved with hayabusas, he has no clue what may be going on when i talk to him... i hope things go well tomorrow, also, my two middle cylinders compression test was at 180PSI and my two outers where at 185PSI... that was cold... when the bike was warm (not hot to the touch) the one cylinder i did test was around 200PSI if i remember correctly.....

Go back through your wiring and vaccume hoses just to be sure. I've been building bikes for over 15 years now, and I find stupid mistakes I make from being in a rush still. Once those are all cleared up, then your gonna have to let the tuner do his job. You would be surprised at whay they can do with a tune. If nothing else, throw a zero base map in it, that will set all the parameters back to stock, and the bike should run (decent) meaning no smoke from being too ritch, and good enough to actually run to get onto the dyno. It may be hard starting, but the tuner will do his thing to straighten that up for you...

the bike had some bad fuel.... (no water seen) smelled like gas... a hint of kerosene, and smoked like diesel...... Ive never had that happen before, I'll remember this for the future, and lets all remember to recommend the next person to check that, lol

Heres the chart from today, max pull was 167 on a different run

o7 gsx1300r.jpg

Last edited:
XSV Sports out of Kansas City did it, they were so nice, they looked over my bike and figured out my problem as to why my bike wasnt running (bad fuel) he went to the gas station and got ME fuel and all i had to do was pay for gas (i wasnt from the area)... they didn't charge me any extra either for the diagnostics of why my bike wasnt running and they were also the ones removing the tank and getting it all fixed

the bike had some bad fuel.... (no water seen) smelled like gas... a hint of kerosene, and smoked like diesel...... Ive never had that happen before, I'll remember this for the future, and lets all remember to recommend the next person to check that, lol

Heres the chart from today, max pull was 167 on a different run

Jeremy,

Glad we were able to get the issue resolved! That thing was pumping out the smoke when you got here! Amazing what some good pump gas will do in these bikes vs some diesel fuel! :laugh:

I'm glad you made the trip up here to Kansas City. Another successful tune with ECU Editor. It got your a/f line shooting straight across the 13.0 - 13.2 range.

Conrad

PS, the A/F curve looks similar to the one in this graph :whistle:..
chip.jpg

Back