My $500 project

Thanks everyone!! I think I found the problem... Now I need to figure out where to send the crank to get fixed?? I'm actually still tearing the bottom end apart, you can see the discolored rod end and I think the bearing is completely gone.

busarod.jpg

Put a whole new motor in it, send that crank off to APE for a stroker.....
When mine spun a bearing I bought a used rotating assembly bought new mains and called it good.

I'd pull the caps off the bottom end & check the crank, it might just be ok, new bearings & a little emory cloth & she's on the road again. Or could be effed up. Hell, with your luck I'd think bearings only.

I'd pull the caps off the bottom end & check the crank, it might just be ok, new bearings & a little emory cloth & she's on the road again. Or could be effed up. Hell, with your luck I'd think bearings only.
Entirely possible. If nothing else I'd get a balanced kit from APE. Crank, rods, bearings, gaskets. Check the cylinder wall, the thrust area tends to get hurt as the bearing fails and scores the cylinder wall and piston. If that's good, screw it together and call it good!

Entirely possible. If nothing else I'd get a balanced kit from APE. Crank, rods, bearings, gaskets. Check the cylinder wall, the thrust area tends to get hurt as the bearing fails and scores the cylinder wall and piston. If that's good, screw it together and call it good!

Thanks for the advice, cylinders and pistons look great. I will probably be calling APE next week. No one has parts or works on these up here, everything gets shipped out.

Ohhhh...SNAP!! Good find.
Folks out there @ APE are good people. Jay will do you right!
Good luck to ya.

I think we was set up with this one. Looks like a lot of work to take place in this timeframe,:whistle:

First post 02-09-2012 03:15 AM

So I was seeing this gal with a totally tricked out Busa. She was telling that her trans was slipping and I had a friend with a Busa which I thought he had wrecked. I happened into him one day asked him if he still had it and told him the story. I thought I would surprise her with the trans from it, so I asked him what he wanted for it. 500 he said. I asked "For the trans"? nope whole bike it has engine problems and I had thought about shipping it out of state to a relative. Sight unseen I said SOLD! I couldn't believe it when I saw it...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/images/styles/Hayabusa/attach/jpg.gif
Of course these are after I aired the tires and washed it and installed a new battery and oil change.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/images/styles/Hayabusa/attach/jpg.gif

Second post 02-09-2012 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone!! I think I found the problem... Now I need to figure out where to send the crank to get fixed?? I'm actually still tearing the bottom end apart, you can see the discolored rod end and I think the bearing is completely gone.
:rofl:

I think we was set up with this one. Looks like a lot of work to take place in this timeframe,:whistle:

First post 02-09-2012 03:15 AM

Second post 02-09-2012 03:03 PM

:rofl:

Ajay, not sure why someone w as many posts as you would be a douche and flame a new member but whatever... Maybe you're one of those guys that thinks black helicopters are following you and listening to all of your conversations.
If you'd like to apologize find me a cheap pcIII for this thing and I'll forgive.

Ajay, not sure why someone w as many posts as you would be a douche and flame a new member but whatever... Maybe you're one of those guys that thinks black helicopters are following you and listening to all of your conversations.
If you'd like to apologize find me a cheap pcIII for this thing and I'll forgive.
Well, "douche" is kind of a strong word to use in this context, especially when it was meant as a joke. (note the ROFL character)

Personally, I'm very glad you found such a great deal on a bike, and that you have the mechanical skills to tear into it like that. While a lot of folks here on the oRg have impressive skills, what you're doing still puts you in a distinguished 5% minority (IMO). My apologies if I have given offense.

No prob. Taking it apart is one thing, getting it running again is another...I'm sure I'll have many question for this forum when putting it back together. I have more time than money so I do everything possible myself.

Now about that PCIII... ;)

Back