Mud flap and turn signal mod

geecare

Registered
Removed rear tail fairing, reflectors and turn signals and set aside. Ordered two new 8 LED remote turn signals and placed them with electrical tape on a flat ceiling of the undertail and checked for symmetry and position. (Calif. needs to be at least 7 inches apart). (pic 2) Once found, remove electrical tape and peel blue tape backing and mount to position. Drill a hole behind the LED light big enough for the wires to be threaded through. Pass wires and add a dap of black silicone around the wire and hole to seal. Yellow wire goes to the positive side of the OEM connector and the brown goes to the negative side to the OEM connector. Repeat on other side.

With a dremmel or simular tool, apply a cutting tool, use a full face safety shield and hold it in a vertical position, with the securing screw facing up toward the sky. I made a cut as close to the ceiling of the under tail as possible. (pic 3-4) I used a few files to straighten and smooth the edge thereafter. A torch lighter helped to finish the final edge.

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

nice, although I was a mad hacker and messed up my mud flap, thank god for tiger racing under tail

Ya, the two sided tape lasted all of 2 weeks. I removed it and replaced it with black silicone. Much better. As for the lic. plate, I relocated it on my Roadlok unit at the right rear tire

IMG_2820.jpg

Back