mps kill box?

Firefighter51819

Registered
ok. so here it is. i have an 06 hayabusa and ive installed the mps kill box on it. i have the horn switch harness wired up correctly. i have the pig tail connectors for the coil pack so i didnt have to cut my factory wiring harness. after assembling all of this i try to check and see if my kill box is working but no go. on way the toggle lets the horn work the other way nothing. no engine sputter nada. so i thought that maybe i had misinterpreted which cyl was number one so i swapped the leads. still nothing. i have good continuity from the pigtails to the 4 way connector at the box. What gives? my understanding was all u had to have in the right location was the number one cyl as it is the one the box gets its signal for rpm all others werent supposed to matter. am i missing sumthing? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks jason

What's the kill time adjusted to? It's not gonna stutter It's gonna miss. Barely enough to hear especially if the kill time is set short. Call MPS, they are good about customer service and warranty, even if you bought it used.

The only time that you have to put a certain wire on the number one cyl is for an auto shift, the rest of the time it does not matter. Bring the bike up to 3-4k in neutral and hit the button, you should hear a slight hesitation, nothing else.

well guys i figured out wat the problem was. installation error go figure. lol. i had some bad connections on the coil ground wires. Sydney at MPS is very awesome and patient. I told him i bought the kit used and even yet he still took the time to help me go over my installation and help me trace the wiring problem out. The guys at MPS rock. Woot Woot. now to finish getting the plastic back on her and go try it out. Thanks for the help guys!!!

They are pretty robust, 99% of the time it is an installation error. I did it one time, and I am almost willing to bet it was the same error I made:lol:

Back