Fuel Injection ?

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Does opening the throttle wide-open make the injector go to full open?

Asking because I have a full MPS Nitrous system that when it sprays "opens the injectors all the way". I have added a staged shift box (nitrous comes on in select gear/gears) this "overrides" some of the MPS stuff...but need to make sure I'm getting all the gas I can in so the bike doesn't run lean.

No, the injectors are still pulsing at wide open throttle with the stock equipment.

Thanks - installed a Dyna shift counter so I can spray in 2 & 3 without having to push the botton..and just concentrate on riding the bike off the line. Was concerned that by bypassing the MPS I would have a lean condition with NOS (don't want that), becuase I was pretty much dead on on the dyno as far as A/F with the MPS working correctly.

Thanks - installed a Dyna shift counter so I can spray in 2 & 3 without having to push the botton..and just concentrate on riding the bike off the line.  Was concerned that by bypassing the MPS I would have a lean condition with NOS (don't want that), becuase I was pretty much dead on on the dyno as far as A/F with the MPS working correctly.
injectors not being maxxed will not guarantee a rich/lean condition. You will need a map made for when you are spraying NO2. If its a dry kit, there should be instructions on how to enrichen your a/f. You most likely will need a power commander at very least.

Back