Moving day

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Well, the wiff and I have decided to pull up stakes from So. CA and move to Albuquerque, NM. We have the house picked out already and we're looking for the lot to put it on. (Park Place was already taken.
biggrin.gif
)

We're gonna sell as much of our household crap as we can so if anyone in the area needs/wants any basic household fixtures, let us know. Things like the fridge, washer, dryer, T.V., DVD player, etc. etc. are ALL going to be sold to the highest bidders!

Look out, NM, here we come!

--Wag--

(Fortunately, H.org is nationwide so we can still have all our friends from here!)

Congrads and Good Choice  
idea.gif
. You'll love New Mexico, and the roads are Heavenly  
tounge.gif

Happen to own a couple moving companies Wag- holler if I can help. Whether moving yourself or need some help on either end, packing, loading or unloading. Wise choice unloading stuff before ya go, good luck with your new place.

Happen to own a couple moving companies Wag- holler if I can help.  Whether moving yourself or need some help on either end, packing, loading or unloading.   Wise choice unloading stuff before ya go, good luck with your new place.
Very generous of you. At the very least, send me a bid via PM. We have a 1,300 sq ft house with the usual furnishings, 2 bedrooms an office and a T.V. room. Dining, living, kitchen, garage.

Optimally, though, we'll move in a 10' U-Haul, a car-carrier tow bar for the Camaro and we'll pull a bike trailer behind the truck for the two bikes.

Should be a piece o' cake.

--Wag--

I was a mover also, at a large gov't site for 5 or 10 yrs.

free advice if needed.

Rubb.

I was a mover also, at a large gov't site for 5 or 10 yrs.

free advice if needed.

Rubb.
Lay it on me, man.  I'm open to suggestions!

--Wag--
-moving by trailer,put everything in the same size box if possible.Less wasted space,easier to load and unload and they stack better on dollies.
-that family heirloom china,get a "china barrel" their tuff.
-newspaper can become compressed making it near usless for those valuables,a combo of air bags and or foam chips,etc.
-pack as early as you can,label eveything thats in the box,and its destination eg. "Master Bd" that way you can unpack at yer leisure and wont have trouble finding "Teddy" when a little one is screaming for him.
-make sure the insurance the rental place wants to sell you covers whats inside the truck aswell...same with the trailer,it'll be hauling yer pride an' joy(Busa).
-pack like yer going to slam on the truck brakes.(you just might)
-try and stay cool,moving can be stressfull.
-wear yer weight belt or a friends when doing the heavy crud,no sense in roasting yer back.

well can ramble on an' on.... but I wont.

I'm sure some of the other dudes have some tips and tricks for you aswell. RSD.

After you get to your new town, a little word of advise. When downtown and you get pulled over DO NOT ask why. I did while passing through a couple years ago and got a face full of pepper spray.

Some excuse about a zero tolerence community.

Good points RSD- PM sent Wag, not a bid, just a friendly offer of help.

good luck on the move.. not to take away from hbr-06busa business..

but i recently moved from Mass to Mich and used Penske.. aweseme prices..
smile.gif
AAA discount and 10% online discount..

only thing: you have to book in advance.

happy moving.. and yes label and more label for all the boxes.

Hey Wag,

If you need help, give me a call. I know what its like to try and move the fridge by yourself. I'm only 10-15mins away if I'm not at work.
biggrin.gif

After you get to your new town, a little word of advise. When downtown and you get pulled over DO NOT ask why. I did while passing through a couple years ago and got a face full of pepper spray.

Some excuse about a zero tolerence community.
Youre kidding right? You didnt make any agressive moves or anything and he'd sprayed you?

Back