motorhead what the f- - - -!

G

That'll teach you next time you decide to test for yourself or have your own opinion Bob. You need to learn to stay inside the lines and stop thinking for yourself.

Well, as far as the best mod for the 'Busa...depends on what you're doing with the bike.

If you're draggin' it, then yes, it's gotta be the MH airbox.

If your roadracing/streetracing, then the Dymags are THE single most significant mod you can put on the bike. You'll swear you're on a 750 after you have 'em. :)

I have to agree with Bob on the airbox mod. All these motorhead kiss asses are brain washed into think they have some great mod.
There has not been one you stupid motorhead followers that has been able to take your bikes to the strip and compare these boxes from the stock ones and then scan and post a time slip showing an improvement. What is shown on a dyno chart means jack shitt.

Now you dipps want to get down on Bob for making a honest trial. He said he would buy the box if he found an improvement over the stock one. But he did not.
And if he would have we would have seen the results.
It's what comes up on the boards that counts.
I love it! another reason to show that some body is a squirl.

Dennis - I didn't really want to get into this at all but I think Bob is getting the short end of the stick as far as airing this on the board.

No one knew what he had said to you until you told us and posted his personal email messages. Whether they were accusations or opinions isn't really important at this point. It's not really a cool thing to post private email messages to a public board without the consent of the author.

Bob obviously (in my mind at least)went out of his way to keep this private between you two. He doesn't have a history of "badmouthing" anyone and has been helpful to many of us in the past.

There was no reason to flog him in public for a private email message. I know you feel strongly about your integrity but now some people might wonder having been given the sorted details when there was really no need for anyone to know about this.

I myself was interested in his results but the findings do not cause me to think less of you. I don't drag race much at all (no competition in these parts) and look at things like this from a little different angle than you and some others.

Bob's test was of interest to some of us with different goals and was requested. It was not meant to insult your integrity or question your honesty. I feel sure that Bob wanted to keep this private between you two via email for that very reason. Now it has blown up and everyone knows. It didn't have to be that way.

Fascinating. How anyone cannot understand that volumetric efficiency(say air pump?) does not improve performance is clueless.
Same folks who never check their spark plugs I guess.

Jeeze, my 20 year client Procter & Gamble would never give me the whole credit for a smart marketing initiative.

But you know what, when a marketing program I devise for them succeeds, they always have the class to say to me "your work was associated with good business results."

MotorHead's box has been associated with good results. With his equipment on board, I just won a 250 bike top speed shoot out last weekend.

You people who are criticizing his work are not competitors.

You don't get it.

I open my e-mail this morning and some bonehead sends me an e-mail that I am slamming Mhead and the airbox is great!

Wonderful
I have nothing to prove here and I NEVER POSTED ONE FRICKING THING ON THIS SITE ABOUT THE BOX AFTER I TRIED IT. MOTORHEAD DECIDED TO POST MY E-MAIL TO HIM ON A PUBLICE BOARD.

SO LETS POST MY PREVIOUS E-MAILS TO HIM AND COMPLETE THE MESS AND THEN END IT, AT LEAST WITHOUT ANY MORE COMMENT FROM ME. I DO NOT INTEND, AND NEVER DID TO DRAG THIS OUT ONTO THIS BOARD.
IF YOU TRIED BOTH BOXES SAME DAY AND IT WORKED FOR YOU, GREAT!
Bob

June 20th-response to my e-mail saying i do not go faster when swapping and adding fuel.-

I have a Micron not a Yosh. The yosh was on the other bike I am comparing with.
Maybe I don't have the right map settings? 1,1,2 using the buttons. I have no
bog and never did before the box was put on, nor did I have a bog before giving
it more fuel.
I have no reason not to want to go faster, but have not seen it.

THEMOTORHEAD@aol.com wrote:

> i get an average of 6 hp and so does orient express with full box mod.mixed
> stacks work on good pipes all longs on shitty pipes.i did 200 pulls on the
> dyno last week tring many things and i do 10 pulls minimum w/each combo.with
> a yosh pipe you will gain about 4 static hp w/muzzy or akro or tiforce i get
> from 6-8 hp with the box mod.with a muzzy and my box on my 2000 i gained 15
> hp and 7# torque.ramair will show a much more efficient box thet will show
> fster breakeven and pressurisation.hey its only physics

July 10th-M head wants it back

The airbox you sent me will go out regular UPS on Tuesday. Thank you for
letting me try it.
You may see a difference on your dyno, but we can not see a difference
at the strip or on the street.
Thanks again
Bob

THEMOTORHEAD@aol.com wrote:

> COULD YOU SEND AN AIRBOX BACKPLEASE ?THANK YOU!

Who's this guy and why is he e-mailing me?--
7/11-
You really pissed a lot of folks off doubting the integrity of themotorhead.
Lots of us have the box mod and it works great. What other data can you
provide to support the "worthlessness" of this tried/true mod? What other
mods? What do the plugs look like? PC2? If so what map? Put up or shut up,
BTW you're getting flamed to death on hayabusa.org.

Good day.

Kurt n

There's more, but why waste anymore space. this is my last post on the subject. The airbox is the single best mod that can be made to your Hayabusa.

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 14 July 2000).]

if you had just said you werent satisfied fine but to say its worthless and enjoy yous profit.well then thats like a roud about way of sayin your sellin snake oil an rippin people off.that aint me bud!!!i don't sell junk!!!by the way those 2 pipes are the worst i have ever tested.

MH have you tested a micron with the new x can....just wondering....it looks to be a major improvement...I believe thier old can was much to restrictive.

I only said i was going to return it. YOU started getting defensive, not me. Shut your trap and get on with it. YOU decided to post the **** on the board, NOT ME.
SO fock off.

10 teens at 149 v.s. 9.40's at 149 has nothing to do with the airbox. Both bikes are making similar peak power, but the 10 teen bike/rider needs some work to make it go down the track better.

yea like better than my crappy 9.85 the other night .at least i got into the 148 mph again.it should go 40s all day though.i had only 2 passes so forget that.i had a lousy 177 60ft.i need about 10 passes to get close to what it will do and about 20-40 to get the most its got.i also do not strap it or even lower the tire pressure.but the turbo has already shipped and i will get ity in a few days so time ti think about it now.hey daddy will 170 in the 1/4 be better?yahooo!

no i have not.i heard about it.any drop in restriction on this big of a motor has to help.i think pipes should have 2 1/2 baffles myself.these things wanna breath.

Long Stroke (I'm not calling you daddy)I had the flapper removed for a week while I was waiting for Motorheads airbox. I could feel the difference between the two mods. I am however using the PC II. Sorry no Dynos.

i said it before, and i'll say it again..i have NOT seen any improvements going from a partial mod (flapper cut out) to a full airbox mod....i have yet to see anyone post results backing their "seat of the pants" improvement...yes, im sure they feel a hell of a difference from going from a stock airbox to a fully modded box, but did they ever have the flapper cut out first? I have also yet to see any improvement running a pcII besides drivability, and im not talking on a dyno, im talking where it counts AT THE TRACK! once again, my friends stock motored busa went 9.49 @149 on the rev limiter for 100 ft. with a partial modded box, yosh pipe, lowered,16 t. front, 41 rear, NO pc II (it was on my bike for some testing) ! he wont do the full airbox mod because he hasnt seen any improvement with my setup, if anything, the full airbox mod cost me a little low end on the street! dyno #'s are one thing, but you cant pressurized a airbox a dyno. - i go by track results. 10 teens @149 doesnt impress me..9.40's @ 149 does...

Back