Motorcycle Safety Topic of the Week

ridercoach

Post ***** King & Local Safety Guru
Donating Member
Registered
It’s been a while but I’m back in the swing of the safety post on the board. Sometimes it takes a little reminder about safety to keep us aware so here it is.

This post is a general post about the holidays. As you all know we are heading into Christmas and new years. One of the highest travel times of the year. So there may be a bunch of travelers in your neck of the woods or you are traveling to there’s. Either way, think safety, either on your bike or in your car. Pay attention to out of state tags, people who really don’t have any idea of where they are going. Give your self some extra time and space out there. There is no need to rush this time of year. Just relax and enjoy the season. For those of us who can ride, with proper weather that is, we may have an urge to take our bike out after we install all of our Christmas goodies on it. Again keep in mind all the tourists and travelers, they are to often to busy looking at sites or trying to figure out where they are going rather than looking out for bikes.

We also must keep in mind the alcohol issue. There will be drinking involved in a lot holiday celebration. If its you, please keep the key turned off on the bike or the car. If you feel you must go for a ride on New Years Eve, please do it before the ball drops. And if you had to much to drink, please call a cab or ask a friend (if they haven’t had too much to drink) for a ride. If you’re close to me, I’ll come pick you up if you need it. Remember its one drink per hour for a man and 3/4 of that for a woman. If you’re curious what a drink is, it’s a 12 ounce beer, 5 ounces of wine, or a shot of liquor.

All I ask, and im sure your family and friends here and other places asks is for you to be safe this holiday. I want to see everyone back here and in one piece come January 2005.

So I say, Merry Christmas to all of you, may all your motorcycle wishes come true and have a happy new year.
Let it be a safe and healthy one too.

God bless you all.

Dave (Coach)
race.gif

Thanks Dave
smile.gif
Was missing those great safety posts of yours. Have a Merry Christmas yourself and to all

Happy Holidays to you Dave and to all of you. I love and value every safety tidbit you have to offer and put them to practice everytime I ride my scoot. I cherish coming home alive after an awesome ride.

Thanks Coach, Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to you, your family & to all of us on the board. Let's keep it safe out there for our family's & for ourselves. Cheers

Back