MotoGP one Tire rule

This is just getting vicious! This is almost exactly the same thing that happened in F1 and in the end Brigestone wound up with all the marbles there. Man Rossi is looking like crap now. The part about not sharing telemetry or setup info with Lorenzo next season is just infantile.

Speed article

I don't get what the big deal about Rossi switching to Bridgestones is.

That's part of the competition game.  I'm totally against a 1 tire rule.  But I'm also against Dorna telling teams what tires to run.  Let teams run whatever tire they want to as long as the tire manufacturer wants to supply them.  Thats part of the competition part.  If your tire sucks, no good riders will ride on them.  

So Dorna, take a step back and shut the f#$k up.

Rossi, run whatever tire you want.

Move on, next race...

It would be one thing if Yamaha(or HRC)had approached Bridgestone and said "we want to run you tires next year, lets talk". That did not happen. All the underhanded crap is ripping the bag wide open now though. For Carmelo Ezpeleta to make (alleged) threats to one of the primary tire suppliers to your series like that is just ridiculous. All this is smacking of a Michelin conspiracy (my opinion only) to buy Bridgestone out of MotoGP. The articles I read said that they (Michelin) would spare no expense to get the contract if a one tire rule were implemented.

Ha !... Rossi has certainly had a 'tussle' this year and those Michelins. I really don't think tires would have helped The Doctor... Stoner has had a consistently dominant bike/suspension & of course tire set up ALL SEASON LONG. I know Casey must have been saying to himself ...."Can anyone even challenge me in a race" ?

Forget the tires, how about the setup on that MotoGP Ducati for 07 ?
Kudos
bowdown.gif

time for Rossi to wake up and realize it is not "his" title, it is Stoner's, because Stoner was faster, forget everything else, Stoner was faster. Next Rossi is gonna have to move to Bangladesh and whine about the tires on his rickshaw if he does not pay his taxes.

The one tire rule is out.

But they are talking about allowing more tires per weekend. Final word to be given in Valencia.

Back