Moto GP VS Formula 1

will hayden ever figure it out :-(, what makes the corner speed so much faster for F1 is the fact they can back into the turns sharper and brake way way later up to the apex and have the traction to exit much faster, true they hook up better, and it shows when you watch them racing I feel what will make bikes faster is not less weight but more useable power and stickier tire compound, bikes could go faster if they could just hook up, once that happens they will need to adjust the geometry to get the bike to turn sharper. hey, how would a guy stay on a bike with F1 g-forces?

MotoGP motorcycles (or some very close semblance) can be had for less than $30,000.
Performance Bike had a break down of Ukawa's (I think) wreck of an RC211V. Pretty much nothing was salvageable. The entire bike was destroyed except for some engine components. Honda, which leases the bikes, claimed it totaled at an expense of 800,000 pounds (a little over a million dollars).

Honda is rumored to spend as much on the RC-211V program as their F1 engine program. Throwing even more money at a MotoGP bike is never going to make a bike that generates as much lateral force during cornering as car with downforce-generating aerodynamic aides...

Mike

MotoGP bikes will never catch and F1 car, its just not possible. The better the bike tires get the better the car tires get. They are just two different beasts, the late braking, the higher cornering speeds and the easier acceleration make the cars faster and they always will be. You can only brake so fast on a bike without the rear lifting or the front skidding. Also I don't think anyone would want to take a bike into a corner any faster than they are now, if you low or high side the thing at those speeds it would be much more dangerous. The rules will keep the speeds down anyways.

MotoGP motorcycles (or some very close semblance) can be had for less than $30,000.
Performance Bike had a break down of Ukawa's (I think) wreck of an RC211V. Pretty much nothing was salvageable. The entire bike was destroyed except for some engine components. Honda, which leases the bikes, claimed it totaled at an expense of 800,000 pounds (a little over a million dollars).

Honda is rumored to spend as much on the RC-211V program as their F1 engine program. Throwing even more money at a MotoGP bike is never going to make a bike that generates as much lateral force during cornering as car with downforce-generating aerodynamic aides...

Mike
Well Said...I knew that info was way out there...I was looking for some expense data but this works well...

This was interesting back in its day...

Biggity BUMP!!!

Interesting video but the stats above tell a completely different story...

It just blew me away that F1's best times were so much faster than GP One Bikes... CRAZYYY

An F1 car can pull 4 lateral g's while cornering. A bike is lucky to pull 1 g. Easy math. The car is 30 seconds faster because it's average speed is much higher. The car doesn't have to slow down near as much to be able to negotiate the turns. I still like Moto GP racing better.:D

one advantage for the motocycle is that in and S shape curse ir does not have to displace itslelf from side to side of the track since it is not as wide, it can negotiate it more in a straightline kinda way.
But does not work in a tight circuit.

Back