More drama with my bike accident!!

Listen up, you still have a case. All you have to do is to sue the insurance company and bring in some witnesses if you have some and you will win. Let me ask you a question that is relevant to your case. Did you lay your bike down to "avoid" the accident or did the car actually made contact to your bike and you than laid the bike down. The reason is because police sometimes will not give the other driver a ticket if you laid your bike down to avoid the accident. I know it is BS....but their thinking is that they need proof that the other driver's car made contact with you, for you to loose control of your bike. I know that it is very stupid for them to think that way, but that is how they operate sometimes. Now does that mean you don't have a case? Nope, not at all. You can still win your case because you had to maneuver your bike to avoid being killed. Don't get down and think your case is over, CAUSE it isn't that ignorant driver is still on the hook. If this case goes to trial you will probably win!!! Hang in there buddy. I have been rear-ended 2x on bikes.....but they did get the ticket.....that is why it was easy for me to get case settled. I am confident you can win as well. I hate lawyers....but you may need one for your case.

You are not making sense (but it could be me). Based on what I am understanding. She came from your right and crossed infront of the car that you were behind and you hit her after she cleared that car on the left side of the road. Is that right?

Yes that is right.

Listen up, you still have a case. All you have to do is to sue the insurance company and bring in some witnesses if you have some and you will win. Let me ask you a question that is relevant to your case. Did you lay your bike down to "avoid" the accident or did the car actually made contact to your bike and you than laid the bike down. The reason is because police sometimes will not give the other driver a ticket if you laid your bike down to avoid the accident. I know it is BS....but their thinking is that they need proof that the other driver's car made contact with you, for you to loose control of your bike. I know that it is very stupid for them to think that way, but that is how they operate sometimes. Now does that mean you don't have a case? Nope, not at all. You can still win your case because you had to maneuver your bike to avoid being killed. Don't get down and think your case is over, CAUSE it isn't that ignorant driver is still on the hook. If this case goes to trial you will probably win!!! Hang in there buddy. I have been rear-ended 2x on bikes.....but they did get the ticket.....that is why it was easy for me to get case settled. I am confident you can win as well. I hate lawyers....but you may need one for your case.

I laid my bike down to avoid the accident but my bike still hit her car.

I have no clue nobody stepped up and told the cops what happened except for on lady that was standing in front of rally's waiting on her ride home. I have only found one other witness thats it.

I laid my bike down to avoid the accident but my bike still hit her car.

That is why they probably did not give her a ticket than. It sucks doesn't? I mean you would have to go and hit the car and possibly get killed in your situation for them to give her a ticket. Like I said you still have a case when you go to court. You had to laid the bike down to avoid the accident that could had ended your life. Trust me a jury, would agree with you. Like I said you will have to take it to court and you might want to get a lawyer for your situation....even though I hate lawyers!!!

Something is not adding up....how did she miss the car you were behind? How come that driver did not stop and tell the cop what happened?

Dude, back off!!!! You are starting to annoy me and I was not even in the accident.....I have personally seen first hand "tools" go from the far right side and look and seen only the car and not me behind that car and I am currently in the process of passing this car. The tool comes from all the way from the right and tries to get in the passing lane where I am passing the car on my left........because they did not see me. I can see this happening easily and has happened to me and I avoided it by luck.....it happens all the time!!!!

Ya i plan on taking her to court and my insurance said they are gonna go after hers because the also feel it wasnt my fault. I Just trying to find a good lawyer:thumbsup:

Dude, back off!!!! You are starting to annoy me and I was not even in the accident.....I have personally seen first hand "tools" go from the far right side and look and seen only the car and not me behind that car and I am currently in the process of passing this car. The tool comes from all the way from the right and tries to get in the passing lane where I am passing the car on my left........because they did not see me. I can see this happening easily and has happened to me and I avoided it by luck.....it happens all the time!!!!

Ya well...still seem like we are not getting the whole story but it sure explains why no one got a ticket.

No offense to you 07Vigor but sometimes you just need to accept your share of the responsibility. Based on what you said you ditched your bike. I am guessing you might have paniced and locked the brakes, natural mistake, anyone could do it. But it also seem like you could have (maybe) avoided the accident. So I can see where all parties share equal responsibility.

Of course all I have to go on is your side of the events and I was not there. Best of all you were not hurt to seriously.

Ya well...still seem like we are not getting the whole story but it sure explains why no one got a ticket.

No offense to you 07Vigor but sometimes you just need to accept your share of the responsibility. Based on what you said you ditched your bike. I am guessing you might have paniced and locked the brakes, natural mistake, anyone could do it. But it also seem like you could have (maybe) avoided the accident. So I can see where all parties share equal responsibility.

Of course all I have to go on is your side of the events and I was not there. Best of all you were not hurt to seriously.

I'm telling you everything i remember. I don think i even hit the brakes to be honest. But i dont remember anything after me seeing her in my path. I barely remember laying the bike down, it happened so quickly . There was no way to avoid it unless like the other guys said that i could have stopped i dont feel i could have. But in the end all my stuff will be paid for an i'm 100%. Its just another learning experience and some more scars on the body.

I'm telling you everything i remember. I don think i even hit the brakes to be honest. But i dont remember anything after me seeing her in my path. I barely remember laying the bike down, it happened so quickly . There was no way to avoid it unless like the other guys said that i could have stopped i dont feel i could have. But in the end all my stuff will be paid for an i'm 100%. Its just another learning experience and some more scars on the body.

Yeah...when you are passing another car and some "tool" gets on the highway, your last thought is this tool is going all the way over and get in your lane. I think this is what is called "unsafe lane change" because they did not look before they got in your lane, nor would you even expect this either since you are in the passing lane and they just looked at the car in the slow (right lane) and decided to go all the way into your lane (left lane) and force you off the road because of the unsafe lane change. No doubt it is her fault here. But because you are trying to stay alive since she was going to kill you, you had to do what you had to do. To me this is no different than if you are going straight down the road and some tool is coming the other direction and turns left into your path. No difference really, the only problem is you did not hit the car, which would gave that driver a ticket for failure to yield the right of way. That other driver that you were passing should had stopped and talked.....at least I would have if I was the driver.

I'm telling you everything i remember. I don think i even hit the brakes to be honest. But i dont remember anything after me seeing her in my path. I barely remember laying the bike down, it happened so quickly . There was no way to avoid it unless like the other guys said that i could have stopped i don't feel i could have. But in the end all my stuff will be paid for an i'm 100%. Its just another learning experience and some more scars on the body.

Stop posting on this subject. Stuff is getting all twisted and you'll end up saying something that might get used against you. You said your peace,no need to continual on. It's can only hurt you possibly later on. Not to mention you getting all worked up. You've been through enough..

Heal up.

Don't worry about other opinions here!

Only ones that matter are between yours and hers insurance company's and possibly a court.

Only gonna add one thing. If the driver of the cage didn't see the motorcycle then when she(?) crossed the highway, She only planned on clearing the one cars path. Which she did. How many times have people rushed across a road to get to there target area unsafely? More often then I desire. It's almost like some people have the attitude that "They have Brakes! They'll slow down!".

A close friend of mine T'boned a cage on his cycle in a similar situation. We were in 1st row of cars pulling away from a light on a 6 lane highway(3 each direction). When this car decided they were in a rush and decided to try to beat the traffic to make the median a few yards past the intersection we were at. I barley had time to react,missing the rear bumper by inches. My friend who was on my left wasn't so lucky. He was also at point cause I had a passenger.

Mind you were were coming from a dead stop caused by us having a Red light. The driver of the car choose poorly cause he was in a rush to not be stuck waiting for the light to change again. MY friend suffered major injuries.

Riders install stuff like HID's and other hardware that make your headlight Pulse so they can be seen better. Reason? It seems some people can not process the image of a motorcycle driving down the road! So we need all the Help we can get! :firing:

LOL your right i do get worked up over it it still pisses me off. I have said everything i have to say and i appreciate all your guys concern and i will keep you all updated on the status of the bike:thumbsup:

07vigor blue....i was having trouble visualiing exactley what happned up until your last few replys but now that ive got the whole picture going on, id like to appologize. Sounds like it was definatley her fault and id take this one to court for sure!
Sukuki4life......the only thing that your forks and your brake system have in common is that they both use a fluid...two completely different systems in function and task but if you want to make that comparison then we can. Your forks are only under a mild amount of constant pressure, they arent at maximum pressure for extended periods unless theres a mammoth riding your bike..but..to use your comparison to prove my point...is it not common knowledge that extremely heavy guys...or guys that are trying to wheelie all the time seem to be replacing fork seals at a noticibly faster rate than tiny guys that dont do wheelies?? Wonder why that might be? Maybe..just maybe...its the extra pressure that they're constantly being exposed to??? At any rate...if you think you've got air in the lines..just take care of it the right way and as others have already stated, if your building up that much air in you lines every month, then you've probably got a leak somewhere anyway and this is only gonna make it worse over time. Fix the problem...then bleed the system the correct way and you wont have anything to worry about. My brake lever pressure hasnt changed since i put pads on and bled the brakes so whats that tell us???
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL your right i do get worked up over it it still pisses me off. I have said everything i have to say and i appreciate all your guys concern and i will keep you all updated on the status of the bike:thumbsup:

In 2007, I got rearended nice and good. Bike got totaled and went down and hit my knee and got a torn ACL had to get surgery the next week after the accident to fix my acl. The lady that hit me was on her cell phone when she hit me. She never got out of the car to help me. I can tell she wanted to run, but she could not because she was stuck in traffic. Her insurance company stated that she did not pay her premium in the beginning and stated that she did not have insurance. I had full coverage and my insurance helped me and than finally went after her insurance company after they stated that they would cover her. It was a BS situation and I know how you feel. People that have not been hit by a driver and caused you pain and suffering will NEVER know how pissed you are. Trust me....I know....I have no problem of helping you vent about your situation.....been there and done that. Take care buddy!!! I hope at the end they pay out their arse!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sorry i love a good arguement :whistle: i wouldn't think water in your brakes would cause a mushy lever, its a fluid, fluids don't compress like air does.

and squeezing the lever wouldn't remove any water anyhow it would just push it down for a bit until you released the lever.

Back