more downforce?

kaosccw

Registered
I think this should make my bike handle better. Anybody have one?

wing.jpg

I used to have one,but for some strange reason,everybody would throw rocks at me!!
jump9.gif
[/Quote]

some people really are clueless

(javie @ Sep. 16 2007,23:10) Ha it looks like youre driving a honda civic now
sad.gif
This is not my bike. I found this wonderful product online at Tiger Racing.

I'm not sure what it would take for me to bolt something this ugly to my bike. Even temporarily.

what's the problem.... yea it's ugly... yea people may laugh and point at you... but it is functional. Way back when I tested this product. Hands down it works. At highway speeds you have to tighten up the rear suspension because this will make the rear squat a bit more. How much more traction would be tough to say. It only connects to the subframe. Again, yes you can feel a difference and yes it ain't pretty but it's not meant to win a beauty bling contest.

P1222256.jpg

I think asthetically it would be more acceptable if it were made of fiberglass and followed the lines of the bike a little better.

JMHO
Don

First of all, it's ugly as sin, I don't care what you say to try and justify it...it doesn't fit the bike at all and looks cheap as hell.

As far as function is concerned it has none, just like the big ass wings you see on all the tuner racer wannabees. The Busa doesn't have any traction problems at highway speeds or those at 180+ (been there, done that numerous times) and if anything this thing will just cause more friction, drag and turbulence and slow you down.

In a car, downforce is pushing the car down, giving the tires more capability for lateral force in a turn. On a bike, while you're leaned over, this thing is going to be pushing down and OUT of the corner, which means the more you lean, the less traction this gives you and the more it will make the tail want to slide. No thanks.

Has someone been eating retard sandwiches again?

Maybe Guy will step in and clear this up, but isn't this designed for high speed runs where you DO get tire slip in high HP applications even at 180+ MPH?
rock.gif

For out in public HELL NO I wouldn't be caught dead, I think the import crowd with stickers and fart can mufflers would dig it though...

puke.gif

if you were really concerned about down force and traction wouldn't the wing work better if it was attached to the swing arm and not the sprung portion of the suspension

opps there i go thinking again

(Shibumi @ Sep. 19 2007,07:17) Maybe Guy will step in and clear this up, but isn't this designed for high speed runs where you DO get tire slip in high HP applications even at 180+ MPH?  
rock.gif

For out in public HELL NO I wouldn't be caught dead, I think the import crowd with stickers and fart can mufflers would dig it though...
Yes, I think it was strictly for straightline traction issues.

Yes the wing would work better if it were directly mounted to the swingarm vs the subframe.

I'm still not saying it's pretty.

Hey a drink/food tray for a busa! how did the car hop hook it to the tail? Sonic is so innovative
smile.gif

Must be member of this club
aston2-L.jpg

Back