Montoya to nascar

bigoltool

Registered
I was reading today that Juan Montoya is washing his hands of F1 and is going to drive for Chip Ganassi In Nascar Nextel Cup Competition next year. He had to be making some serious coin driving for Mclaren Mercedes and I would expect him to want something at least close to that coming here. Other open wheel guys have attempted this move but he is certainly the most high profile so far.

I think he lost his ride,alonzo is moving to mclaren and kimi is staying,so no room for montoya.. will be cool to see him in nascar trading paint....
smile.gif

I think its a good move for him and for NASCAR. He said he wanted a different challenge... i think he is up for it! They said they want to get him into a Busch car at least a few times this year and maybe a cup race or two.

he wanted to stay so bad in F1 that he offered to drive for FREE.
(that is at least a couple millions in F1 terminology!!!)

He looked pretty good driving Gordons car around Indy a few years ago.

Would be funny to see Gordon head to F1 and him come over to Nascar. I saw Gordon roaming the Pits at the USGP a few weeks ago.

Montoya is a REAL racer. He doesnt care for the bullsh*t that surrounds F1. Pansies drive in F1 these days...

Oooh Oooh! He was too rough when he overtook me!! Penalize him!!!

Babies...

Montoya is back where he belongs - Nascar may not be as interesting as F1 -but- F1 hasnt exactly been heartstopping either...At least Monty will get to flex his muscles and do some serious wheel to wheel stuff in the states...

Just my .02 cents , but thank God he didn't go to that losing IRL or Indy Car (whatever they call themselves this year ) circus
laugh.gif

OH yea, I read that Kimi is going to that Red Italian Team, now that should be a combination of personalities ! Da Shu and Kimi the Party Animal  
all_coholic.gif

Now there is speculation that Danica Patrick is eyeing NASCAR next year too. Her contract expires this year with her current team. She is open to offers in both open wheel and NASCAR! Her father and mother who manage her career were at the Chicagoland Speedway as guests of Roush Racing...
rock.gif
Wouldnt that be cool if she swapped over to NASCAR?!?!

Now there is speculation that Danica Patrick is eyeing NASCAR next year too. Her contract expires this year with her current team. She is open to offers in both open wheel and NASCAR! Her father and mother who manage her career were at the Chicagoland Speedway as guests of Roush Racing...
rock.gif
Wouldnt that be cool if she swapped over to NASCAR?!?!
Wouldn't it be funny to see her go to Nascar and Run the Coca cola 600 and then The Indy 500 and win it! Several have tried but none have persevered.

Back