Mom, Cranky 2-Year-Old Kicked Off Plane

Do you agree with the airline's decision to remove the child and his mother?

• yes

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • NO KIDS ARE KIDS

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I WOULD THROW THEM OUT EVEN IF IN FLIGHT.

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To much of that today IMHO. ( showing my age now ) We use to have a little something called discipline. :whistle: In this area we refer to it as a butt cutting :rofl:

lol ... true, with older kids. But in my experience, thrashing a toddler only makes them louder..

Parents let their children get away with way too much these days. Thats why you hear about them bringing guns to school, and all the shootings. Parents need to get back to parenting.

NO:rulez:..This is why we have so many out of control kids/teens raping, murdering, robbing etc... Exactly when are they old enough to start discipline? 18??? You would be surprised what your kids can accomplish IF YOU allow them to. My 3 girls were potty trained and off bottles @1yr old. Reward them when they do good, discipline when needed. When this is done you get more positive behavior than negative:beerchug:

I've seen 3,4 and 5yr old kids still in pull ups(still messing on themselves), then you see the parent talking in "baby talk" to the kid.??? Wooka moma la baby.. thats moma baby... wooka you.. then you hear...."Oh he's still a baby"

There was a young boy mother made soup 4 dinner called him 2 table he wouldnt come.
So mother warmed it back up called again still wouldnt.After warming it 3 times she told her hubby dont know what will do with that boy.He told her your warming the wrong thing!!!

Last edited:
dunno, I would have said toss her tail off the plane a year ago but now having my own, I still say she should have control of her child. A 2yr old is plenty old enough to be under control and understand what you are saying to them. She should have done something to quiet him down, seems he might have been excited to see his dad? At any rate, having spent hours on planes with unruly kids I can say one thing.....in ear headphones are a dream :laugh:

I bet the overhead storage compartment would have quieted him down. :whistle:

Tell him he was going "camping" in a really cool "tent". :laugh:

Oops, did I say that out loud...

If you don't take kids to fine restaurants, or take them on flights, they will never learn. Kids are people and they all have bad days. Most people understand this when they fly. Sometimes Kids can be in pain from their ears under pressure. We are creating a society with out patience.

OMG how would you like to fly from Amarillo to San Jose with a screaming kid on board so loud you couldn't even hear the pre-flight instructions? Either get them off of open the door and let me off! :rulez:

control your kids...

this may be a strange concept....but maybe there are just things/places that kids should be taken.

remember a few years back when Las vegas decided they were going to be the "new Disneyland" and strted advertising to families....I stopped going. thankfully they have learned from thier mistake.

let the families eat at denny's, red robin, and the like....if i am spending $100 + on a steak i don't want to hear your kids, or have them playing tag in the rest.

Okay, I am probably going to get the flaming posts here, but I voted "NO" that they should not have been thrown off. Yes the kid needed to be controlled and needed to be quieted.

My soft spot here is that while my husband was in the Navy we were stationed in Amarillo, TX. It broke my heart to think that that the young kid was want the plan to "Go Plane, Go; I wanna see my Daddy." The mom and child may have been going to see Daddy after a long military seperation. My child and I flew out of Amarillo, TX many times to go see Daddy after a navy seperation, but I can guarantee you he did NOT act like that either!

I am just a softee when thinking of kids reuniting with their military dads. :)

There's always more to the story than what is reported.

I agree. I didn't vote because judgement may only be passed when you have all the facts. With newpapers you don't always get all the facts.:rulez:

Also the airline refunding the cost of the ticket should in no way be seen as the airline admiting fult. I think the risk management said do what you have to in order to quiet the lady.

I would like to add to my previous reasoning throw the mom off the plane mid flight that should shut the kid up when you look at him or her and say be quiet or your next (ok I know it's wrong but I had to:laugh:)

who need safety instructions anyway...its the same planes we flew on in 1969 anyway...the instructions havent changed only the hot stewardess has been replaced by a :whistle: dude

i am surpirised at how many people say "my kids would never do that"......and then make excuses for this sad excuse for a parent.

stop making excuses for her....she is dropping the ball.

our parents raised children without the conveniences of :

1. computers
2. cellphones
3. microwave meals

maybe even disposable diapers.....pre mix formula, and disposable bottles

the job of the parent has gotten easier, yet few today can actually do it properly.

Back