Mom, Cranky 2-Year-Old Kicked Off Plane

Do you agree with the airline's decision to remove the child and his mother?

• yes

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • NO KIDS ARE KIDS

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I WOULD THROW THEM OUT EVEN IF IN FLIGHT.

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
SAN JOSE, Calif. (Oct. 30) - A spokesman for Southwest Airlines says the carrier has apologized to a mother who was kicked off a plane along with her unruly 2-year-old earlier this week.
Spokesman Chris Mainz said the airline called Pamela Root on Friday to apologize. He says Root also will receive a refund and a $300 travel voucher.
The crew bounced Root and her son Adam off the San Jose-bound flight because passengers could not hear preflight safety announcements

He was yelling. It was pretty bad," Root acknowledged. "I'm sure it was annoying to the other passengers."
"But I've learned you need to focus on your child and do what's best for them and kind of not worry what everyone else says," she added.
Root said she was confident Adam's screams of "Go! Plane! Go!" and "I want Daddy!" would subside after the plane took off Monday in Amarillo, Texas.
The 38-year-old mom said she hoped to be compensated for the portable crib and diapers she had to buy for the extra night away from home.

I dont know if it was me I could deal with it.When you turn into a cranky old man that yells @ kids 2 get off his lawn your over the hill.

if your kids travel poorly? drive or find them a babysitter... only exception might be very young kids (under 2) but after seeing how kids operate their parents? it is not the kids fault anyway...

I have never been on a plane where a kid would have been kicked off anyway so probably a moot point for me... whew....

Last edited:
After working ten years in the aviation industry as a crewmember I've developed a healthy skepticism regarding any news story regarding this industry. There's always more to the story than what is reported.

When one passenger's behavior, regardless of age, impacts the safety of other passengers on the aircraft they must be removed or quarantined.

passengers could not hear preflight safety announcements

I GUESS if they didnt somebody could say didnt hear safety stuff mabe a lawsuite.

passengers could not hear preflight safety announcements

I GUESS if they didnt somebody could say didnt hear safety stuff mabe a lawsuite.
yea here comes the "warning" sticker fan club huh?

wonder where that faction is now?

You cant kick people off planes, they may have somewhere to go!! :rofl: ya think?

mother needs to have a handle on her kid. It's her fault not the kids. Like she said ........................He was yelling. It was pretty bad," Root acknowledged. "I'm sure it was annoying to the other passengers."
"But I've learned you need to focus on your child and do what's best for them and kind of not worry what everyone else says," she added.
Root said she was confident Adam's screams of "Go! Plane! Go!" and "I want Daddy!" would subside after the plane took off Monday in Amarillo, Texas.

This indicates that there is minimal "parenting" and she is willing to let it go until the kid calms down versus addressing it and finding a solution that would stop or prevent this type of behavior in the future.

Been there and had to sit and listen to that in many situations. Mother has annoying screaming kid and everyone else has to suffer.

I love kids but seeing how these mothers deal or don't deal with it is what pisses me off.

The airline did the right thing, nobody else should have to listen to that crap.

Been there and had to sit and listen to that in many situations. Mother has annoying screaming kid and everyone else has to suffer.

I love kids but seeing how these mothers deal or don't deal with it is what pisses me off.

The airline did the right thing, nobody else should have to listen to that crap.

+1 to that

In the end we have to be able to control our kids. My kids would have NEVER done that. Spending time with your kids and talking to them, having rules and consequences. Both are needed, thats the problem with kids/parents of today. Ridlin,time-outs??? whats that:whistle:?? When I was growing up you got your azz busted when you didnt listen. Didnt it work for us... getting kicked off the plane would have been a good thing compared to what was coming when we got home....:tantrum::spank::eh: :bowdown:

If the Kid or anyone else is so LOUD that the safty directions can not be given out (which is REQUIRED BY LAW:rulez:) then the unrulely person or child MUST be off loaded. Parents are responsible (I think this concept is Foreign to some Parents ??? ) for their childs behavior, NOT the Airline or anyone else.

KICK THE KID OFF !!!

:welcome: Back to Terminal #5 :laugh:

Back