Modification HELP, I need your experience and opinions

turbosdad

Registered
Maybe it's the New Year bug, but I want to get back to Mods and need any and all advice/help. Here are the areas I want to do. 2009 bike.

1. Mirrors. I am tired of looking at my shoulders.
2. HID, I want some light. Dont do a lot of night driving but want added visibility in both the day and night.
3. Upgrade to Horn. Electric or Air
4. Brakes, have stock now. Lines, rotors, pads
5. Suspension, shocks, forks, steering dampers

I ride only on the street. Am interested in safety and high quality handling. Looks are good too.

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Tobin seat 006.jpg

I would add more of that gold... that color on the pegs is killa. Try some braided brakelines and wave rotors and powder coat the wheels to match the gold. I would also do a black Brock alien head or shorty meg. Wouldnt worry about the forks.... and add a airshifter... that was my favorite add on.

1. Mirrors. I am tired of looking at my shoulders.
2. HID, I want some light. Dont do a lot of night driving but want added visibility in both the day and night.
3. Upgrade to Horn. Electric or Air
4. Brakes, have stock now. Lines, rotors, pads
5. Suspension, shocks, forks, steering dampers
#2 - try ddmtuning.com for the HID's, they are (or were, not sure if still on sale) just $25 for each one - 5K is a BRIGHT white great for visibility

#4 - cyclebrakes.com - one of our sponsors has EBC HH brakes - awesome stopping power

Pashnit - another sponsor usually has great deals on lines and rotors
One of our other sponsors HPC is running a promo on Galfer rotors right now and they're another great company to do business with! https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/hpc/122398-fs-galfer-wave-rotors-new.html

While you're at it, check out Greg with HPC about some new wheels too! :thumbsup: He has BST and Carrozzerias!

Last edited:
as for the mirrors, just get on ebay and order a set of spacers to move the mirrors an inch out...makes a huge difference and only gonna cost ya a few bucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Suspension, how much do you want to spend? Anyone will tell you the best thing you can do for your money is get the bike sprung to your weight. Personally I think the Scott's Steering Damper is the best on the market.

Suspension, how much do you want to spend? Anyone will tell you the best thing you can do for your money is get the bike sprung to your weight. Personally I think the Scott's Steering Damper is the best on the market.

I will look into the steering damper. Is it adjustable.

Thanks for the help,

Back