mirrors

bdogg317

Registered
I went for a little ride today after work.  Stopped at a dealership to look at some things and ran into a motorcycle cop.  He told me I was illegal because i didn't have any mirrors on my bike.  I told him I had heard several different stories about that and never really new what the truth was.  He told me that you have to have at least one mirror, a light of your plate, head light and running lights on at all times.  But as far as the mirrors go they dont really enforce it unless your just acting a fool.  But thats the law in Indiana.  So if you have those mirror plates in Indy be aware.
rulez8bn.gif

Unless you are on the track, why would you not want at least one mirror?

zzwhip.gif
PM -->
bdogg317 @ Apr. 02 2008 said:
1359646[/ATTACH] PM]
But as far as the mirrors go they dont really enforce it unless your just acting a fool.  But thats the law in Indiana.  So if you have those mirror plates in Indy be aware.
Rideing with out mirrors is acting the fool.
+1. Why in the world wouldn't you want mirrors? I would go crazy if I didn't have any. I check em probably at least every 10 seconds. It's just a habbit. I always glace at em a lot.

zzwhip.gif

TRC §547.602.

MIRRORS REQUIRED.

A motor vehicle, including a motor vehicle used to tow another vehicle, shall be equipped with a mirror located to reflect to the operator a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet from the rear of the vehicle.

Texas from TX DOT Website.

Never really use mirrors that much. I like to look back and around more than I like the mirrors.

I use my mirrors all the time...I just wish they were a little smaller...when i change lanes..I check the mirros first the I turn my head and actually look...

The cop is right on everything except headlights on at all times (I think) , In California- headlights mandatory at night only.  I've also been ticketed and fined for modified/excessive noise exhaust six times (I've had over 15 bikes with different pipes) lt differs from state to state.  I've even been ticketed on my jet ski in the ocean for excessive speed,skiing in a no ski zone and not having my registration on me. (yes I knew about the registration on me at all times). Judge threw it all out but wasted a day in court. You even have to put down 2 feet when coming to a stop sign and wait a second before moving on. I have noticed cops in the midwest aren't too concerned about minor violations, California cops are more informed and stricter but the drivers here drive better most of the time. Californians sue more that's why the most motorists drive better on the most part. Idiots are still everywhere but learn quickly from a lawsuit or 2 or 3. In Ohio, people lane change irregardless of how fast you are going and they don't even signal or look. Must be something in the water.

In Florida you need one mirror on the left side. As far as the rear view camera that can take place of the mirror (from what a police officer informed me)

Back