Mirror extensions wanted?

MacNapier

Registered
Hello all:
I have a good riding buddy with a Busa that has wanted to see more then his elbows with his stock mirrors. I am an industrial designer, mouldmaker and caster. I make custom and modified bodywork for sport bikes and do high quality paint. I come from the European motorcycle community and am new to doing projects on Japanese sport bikes.
I have been working on a simple "bolt-on" extension for your stock mirrors. You simply remove the screws and your mirrors, add the new extension and use new, longer screws to bolt your stock mirrors to the bike. I can cast them in any colour, and the blocks can be painted/cleared in any colour, but I am currently making some prototypes in matte (dull) black that match the rubber boots of the mirrors.
Is there any interest from the Busa community? Your feedback would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Howard MacNapier

I use a derlin set every day

DSCN1990.jpg

There is already at least one person offering such a kit already.
You can find it on E-bay. I believe you can also find it by searching this site.

You'll need to talk to the Captain about joining the Members for Members section of the board to sell these on the board.

Been looking for an FAQ about that subject. I do apologise if I have offended. Tell me how I contact the "Captain" so I can set things right.

I think I re-invented the wheel and others have done a great job in making a very attractive and serviceable product.

Many thanks,
The Mac

Back