Minimalist Rear Hugger For 1st Gen?

Mikesbaron

Registered
I'm looking for a smallish type hugger that mounts to the top of the swingarm like this style. Anyone make one out there?

And does second gen rear huggers fit first gen?

puig%20hug%20R6%2003-05-2.jpg

There is a few listed on this site , under bodywork . https;//japan.webike.net/ (type in this ) . Won't be cheap , but generally top shelf quality by the Japanese makers . Look for motorcycle brand drop down menu , choose Hayabusa , then look for bodywork and probably easiest to just to look through all the listed items .

I know this is a very tardy response, but I have a Puig Hugger on my '06. Here are a couple of quick pics. Maybe this may help others who search this thread in the future...

View attachment 1580536

View attachment 1580537
Hello Johnnyrocket,

Your bike looks great… I know this is a little off subject

May I please impose on you to take a few pictures of the license plate and undertail area… I'd like to try and set my bike up the same way with the license plate and turn signals as you have

Thanks again in advance

Best regards

SR 71

Hello Johnnyrocket,

Your bike looks great… I know this is a little off subject

May I please impose on you to take a few pictures of the license plate and undertail area… I'd like to try and set my bike up the same way with the license plate and turn signals as you have

Thanks again in advance

Best regards

SR 71

Hi Sr71,
Thanks, sure I found a few pics that I had taken a while back that may help you. The bike is still in hibernation mode here in the North East. It started off with the stock rear fender that looked like a shovel in the last pic. I measured up a good amount to remove, either used a Dremel or tin snips to cut, then lightly sanded the edge smooth. As far as the brake light/signals go, the brake light is an LED light bought way back in 2006 from the now (I think) defunct Clear Alternatives. It's clear when off, but lights red when riding and brighter red when braking. The turn signals are stock but the bulbs are chromed. So they look clear when off but bright yellow when turn signal is applied. Again trying to keep with the clear when off vibe. Hope the info helps.

IMAG2182.jpg

IMAG2185.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

Back