Mile Marke - 1 South Florida LSR

Lucky Pirate

Registered
Hi all, I'm new to the site as a member but I have been following the site for some time my wife said if I had questions ask. So hear I go. I have done some research about the Mile Marker 1 LSR in South Florida on Jan the 3rd. I know it will be there second race, allot more organized with more folks participating. I have not LSR before, more drag racing then anything else; more recently in SEMDRA. Any advice, I know thats not allot of info but...... Thanks in advance to all on the site. Its great to see how the love for my busa is shared by others as well.................Lucky Pirate ( Chris )

Be safe, have fun, and go fast! :thumbsup:

What kind of advice are you looking for? Since you're a drag racer you know alot about the prep work and safety aspect of things.

Do & don't:

Do inspect your bike and tighten any loose bolts
Do wear all your safety gear

Don't run with old worn tires
Don't get over your head

True, I do have the prep part of it down. I guess it's the not knowing what to expect. Is anybody expecting to go from the site that you now of?

I know some people going but they're not on this site. Just about everyone at a LSR event is friendly, honest, open, and willing to help anyone. If you just show up at an event you're sure to meet lots of others that share a passion for LSR.

:welcome: to the site

Welcome to the oRg! I wish I had some insight for you, but I don't know anything about that race...

Just have a blast and post up pics of your bike :rulez: :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, Its one of those things that I really want to do at least once in my life. Ya only live once as they say. Hears the real set of questions, My bike has stock gearing, it has stock wheel displacement; But I have lowered it 3" in the rear and have straps in the front, I have PS3 with a full Brocks short Meg exhaust. I have had a custom map done to it as well. other then that its stock. Any thoughts on performance......... I have 205+ at the rear w/ 123 foot lbs of tq.

Hears a few picks of my baby.

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

Welcome to the oRg, nice bike. I have never been to the event in question, but I wish you luck! :cheerleader:

Thanks guys, Its one of those things that I really want to do at least once in my life. Ya only live once as they say. .

That's what we all say...something you have to try at least once in your life, but that once is quite addictive~!!~ You'll most likely be back~!~

They may not allow the front straps...

As Commuta says, everyone is very nice and will help you out as you go

Don't expect to go the fastest the first time down, just go and have fun and get a feel for what it's all about~!~

:welcome: to the oRg. We have a lot of members that run LSR. Search is your friend. We have several guys here running the Brock's pipe with Bazzaz breaking 200 in the standing mile.

Don't know about this event, but at Maxton it's not like a drag strip. No burn outs to warm the rear tire, no treatment on the track for grip.

Have fun :thumbsup:

:welcome:

I did the same thing at the TEXAS MILE over the last year and a half. If you have any questions shoot me a PM or post up, I would be glad to help.

You can also click on the link in my sig for my mods/results... :thumbsup:

Glad you are starting with the fastest color BLUE... :laugh:

Josh :beerchug:

I dont know what to say, I have been looking for folks at the events I would go to for help or just to ask questions but all I would get is a odd look or a very short response. So thank you all in advance for your kind words. Got-Busa, I am sure I will be asking allot of questions, I dont have anyone to help get the bike tuned or stuff like that. I am changing the oil, checking all nuts and bolts, tire wear and pressure, fluid levels, all the basic's I can do. With the custom map I got done I know it will lay down the power, Its just a matter if I can get to the ground.

Also remember that LSR suspension setup is very different from drag racing. Practice cold launching the bike on the street. You can't get over aggressive with your launch or you'll spin.

Great advice, thank you. I saw in some pix from other events, some let you do burn outs to heat tires and get rid of junk; would this matter in this case?

Back