Might have to frame these pics....

Warchild

Banned
I had cause to ride 1100 miles this past weekend... Ontario, CA to the Tri-Cities of the Columbia Basin in Washington. Took a good number of photos along the way... but two of them stand out in particular... I'm considering getting 8x10's made out of the high-res versions of these shots....

The High Desert near Trona, CA as the sun first peeps out - awesome lighting on this K8 paint color!

tronaroad.jpg

I know many of you recognize this famous California highway... the incredibly awesome CA HWY 89 as it ascends Monitor Pass!

HWY89.jpg

Pretty cool shots.... :thumbsup:

Awesome pics :thumbsup:

Returning from the IBR?

I'll be doing a BBG on my Busa this weekend, CO > WY > UT > ID > NV > UT > CO :)

Not running aux fuel, so won't come near you 1800+ miles (not that I could anyway :laugh:) - but will be the longest ride so far in 24 hours on my Busa

Just curious, how many miles do you have on your 08 now?

Your Sig should say "Eternally roadbound" Warchild:laugh::laugh::thumbsup::bowdown:

Returning from the IBR?

I'll be doing a BBG on my Busa this weekend, CO > WY > UT > ID > NV > UT > CO :)

Not running aux fuel, so won't come near you 1800+ miles (not that I could anyway :laugh:) - but will be the longest ride so far in 24 hours on my Busa

What time are you looking at for the NoCo to Wyoming leg this weekend? Might be able to meet up and ride along a few miles to see you off

What time are you looking at for the NoCo to Wyoming leg this weekend? Might be able to meet up and ride along a few miles to see you off

I'll be leaving Highlands Ranch about 12:00 noon, but once I leave I'll be in the zone, and won't be stopping except for fuel. But if you see an orange and black Busa with a Givi bag heading up I-25, feel free to follow :whistle:

It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was always a million sparkles on the water... like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny, it looked like there were two skies one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It's so beautiful.

Returning from the IBR?

Yes, returning from the Finish Line. I am IBA staff; I was scoring riders for Steve Hobart

A demoralizing low number.... about 55,000. After 30,000 miles the first year I owned it, I experienced a downturn in life the last couple years that has resulted in less riding than before... only about 25,000 a year between the Busa and the FJR. :unhappy:

What kind of seat is that?

That is a Rick Mayer custom seat, specifically design to accommodate that 4.7-gallon fuel cell on the pillion area. In fact, this seat can only be used with the fuel cell in place; because it is fairly large, it won't allow the install of the stock pillion seat or the solo cowl.

Back