Metzeler tires

I have a metzler road tec in the rear and a sport tec in the front.
I do alot of highway riding and weekends are mostly all curves. The roadtec is a little harder compound in the center to make it last longer but its soft on the sides and get softer as you go up. Only bad thing is taking off on a cold tire it will smoke it, however, I draged it one night about 6 runs and I didn't have to burn it until my last run when it was late and the temp had dropped (in the 50's).
The sporttec is a really soft compound really helps stick the curves I am on my 2nd set and they wear very close to even front and rear. I have never drug a knee but I have scrapped both pegs a few times and the tires never slipped.
I will be buying my 3rd set this week, I don't know where your at but if you find any deals let me know, I have to have mine on before the next 2 weeks, we are heading out to Florida.

Yup..on my first set of M3's and i really like them.... My experience however is not enough to put them to the test fully though.

I have used M3's on a few bikes and currently have them on mine right off the show room floor. I love them. They have never let me down in the rain, cold, or the heat!!!!

I love them. But if you want to buy tires every year if not twice get the M1's. Just for dry weather and very sticky.:laugh:

Have M3s on my CBR1100xx and LOVE them,
have Z4s on my VFR750 and like them too,
my VFR800 has M2s and I'm not too crazy about them, but they may just need replacing.

Will be looking for Metzler's for my 'busa when the time comes.

I ran the M1's and only got 2,500 miles out of a rear. No thanks! I'll stick to my Shinko 009 Ravens and get 7,000 - 8,000 miles out of a rear tire.

I used to run the M1 and averaged around 3500 miles. Been using the M3's and got 7000 out of the last set. I like 'em! :thumbsup:

I have a metzler road tec in the rear and a sport tec in the front.
I do alot of highway riding and weekends are mostly all curves. The roadtec is a little harder compound in the center to make it last longer but its soft on the sides and get softer as you go up. Only bad thing is taking off on a cold tire it will smoke it, however, I draged it one night about 6 runs and I didn't have to burn it until my last run when it was late and the temp had dropped (in the 50's).
The sporttec is a really soft compound really helps stick the curves I am on my 2nd set and they wear very close to even front and rear. I have never drug a knee but I have scrapped both pegs a few times and the tires never slipped.
I will be buying my 3rd set this week, I don't know where your at but if you find any deals let me know, I have to have mine on before the next 2 weeks, we are heading out to Florida.

Well I have to change this a little, I love the Metzler tires but I am switching to the Dunlop Road Smart. Money is tight right now and I got front and rear for 229.99 on sale from cycle gear. My dad runs dunlop on a Valkyrie I figure if they can handle that weight and torque the busa should not be a problem. I would have liked to get the Metzler but the best I could find on them was about 328.00 from honda of Cool Springs. I will be straight up and slow till I learn how the Dunlops handle. I still recommend the Metzler 100% :thumbsup:

I've been using Metzeler M3's almost exclusively (except the stock tires)

LOVE 'em.

I get about 5000-7000 km on the rear. about twice that on the front

the BT016's i had on my 636 seemed to grip better though...but never tried BT016's on my Busa.

I want to try the new M5's now.

Pilot Powers 2CT are the ONLY tires I Use.............NEVER let me down, Rain, Dry or Cold :thumbsup:

Metzeler tires, the tread seems to be deeper than any other new tires i have had, I have a new set on my kawi, expensive thou

How did I ever miss this thread... I ran Metzler on my bike when I went on the long 4,000 mile trip with uncle steve last year... I put new metzer tires on the bike on Thurs before we left, I was in a dealership on the next Wed getting new tires.... 6 days I think we put 1700 miles on the tires then.. I swore off Metzler and said I would never use them again until they gave me my money back.... I'm sure this thread will make it to the search engines along with my other ones..

I have used Pilot powers for a couple of years and have gotten great results with them...

cap

How did I ever miss this thread... I ran Metzler on my bike when I went on the long 4,000 mile trip with uncle steve last year... I put new metzer tires on the bike on Thurs before we left, I was in a dealership on the next Wed getting new tires.... 6 days I think we put 1700 miles on the tires then.. I swore off Metzler and said I would never use them again until they gave me my money back.... I'm sure this thread will make it to the search engines along with my other ones..

I have used Pilot powers for a couple of years and have gotten great results with them...

cap

I think it's important to state what model you used, I have tried M1, M3, Z4 and 880s and although 1700 sounds insanely low, I can imagine how it would make a difference. I have put about 1600 miles on the M3s on my CBR1100xx Blackbird which is supposed to be almost as heavy as the 'busa on tires and mine still look perfect.

Back