Mentors

busagirl4444

HyperActive
Donating Member
Registered
Who are/is your mentor? Motorcycle related of course. Who inspires you to ride no matter what? What inspires you to ride?

I can honestly say that I have many mentors, most of which are brothers and sisters of the org and else where that help me ride better and safer. I am inspired by several factors, of which music plays a big part and those honest to goodness folks that don't perceive something for what it isn't, maybe I'm silly and maybe I've got a thing for the busa and other bikes, I enjoy watching the bike in motion and how agile it can be. I know that it's the person on the bike making it do what it does. Ok fine then maybe that person inspires me too. What matters is that I am so excited that it makes me want to do the same and learn how to accomplish this in a safe way to better my skills. Does any of this make sense to any of you, unsure, I just needed to get it off my chest and sometimes you can't just pick up the phone and call an org member and start babbling about this at o dark thirty in the morning. LOL Of course I also know that known of my org brothers and sisters that know me after drinking soda or Starbucks wants to hear me babble at 90 mph at o dark thirty in the morning.

I can say that Matt Mladin and Keith Code as well as Jo Stevenson, Leslie Porterfield and Janie Palm is still a great inspiration to me.

I ride for the pure love of riding. There are more folks than I could ever begin to name who have helped me become a better, safer, faster rider, but the inspiration to throw my leg over the machine comes from inside.

Gas prices inspire me to ride!!! ???

Seriously, my Uncle Jerry was my first inspiration to ride, he had a harley and was a real bad azz dude, I always looked up to him and he was super cool. Then my dad helped my build a 50cc trailbike and after that it was over, against mom's wishes! :laugh:

Now, it is the many skilled riders here on the org that inspire and constantly impress me with their knowledge and riding skilzz!

I ride because I really like it. When I ride I never think of anything but the ride. Always looking around me and enjoying myself. It relaxes me on the way to work and I am relaxed when I get home from work.

I really don't have a mentor, per se... but the Isle of Man TT and MotoGP racing is what inspires me. Even though the busa is probably better suited to drag racing than canyon carving, I really enjoy the latter and find myself doing more an more of it every month.

I'm my own Grandp.......... MENTOR! I hate when a song barges in to your brain and tries to take over lol. But seriously, its one of my many passions, talents, hobbies, obsessions, etc.

Moctezuma
Quetzalcoatl/Allah/God/Dios/Jehova
Mohammad (May Peace Be upon him)
Jesus of Nazareth
Moses
Cato the Younger
Maximus Decimus Meridius
Aristotle
Socrates
Micheal Angelo
Carlos Slim Helu
Bill Gates
Emmerson Fittipaldi
Unser
Zora Arkus Duntov
Robert Petersen (Petersen Publishing Company)
Warren Buffet
Enzo Ferrari
Ferdinand Porsche
Henry Ford
Most Fortune 500 CEOs
Odysseus
Ulysses
Julius Ceasar
Genghis Khan
Attila The Hun
Karl Marx
Lenin
Albert Einstein
German WWII Physicists/Scientists
General Dwight D. Eisenhower
George Washington
Fernando Valenzuela
Clint Eastwood
Sylvester Stallone
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Cesar Chavez
Cesar Millan
Emiliano Zapata
Pancho Villa
Maximilian
Christopher Columbus
Hernan Cortez
Vicente Fox
David
Goliath
The Spartans
The Romans
The Phoenicians
The Arabs
The Persians
The Indians
The Ming Dynasty
Zulu Nation
There are others

Without them as inspiration I probably would have never been able to buy my Busa or all of my other toys.

my mentor and all around hero is GsxrBots. Because of his inspiration I ride, keep a neat home, buy my girlfriend earrings and frequently give spare change to panhandlers. He is a good person.

Are you talking about moon pie ? :laugh: I was inspired long ago by dirt guys like Roger Decoster, Broc Glover, Hurricane Hanna, etc. I saw a little bit of road racing but only recently became a MotoGP fanatic. The guy I ride with taught me patience and how to enjoy riding sanely. He is very fast but never seems to hurry. Other than that I would say people I met on here.

Back