Memory Foam or Gel inserts in the seat?

KvHotDog4

Registered
I am down in Panama City at the Thunder on the Beach rally. They have several booths set up that put either gel or memory foam in your seat. They grind down the factory and build it back up just like factory with either gel or memory foam inserts. Does anyone have any reviews on either of these? There is only a $20 difference in the price. Thank you.

I'm not 100 percent sure on that, but that's what many, many seat builders have been putting in their seats for years. That's what is in my Corbin seat, and there is a guy on the M109R site that custom makes seats and puts memory foam in them, and I've NEVER heard a complaint, and some of those guys put long hard miles on them...

Hey GsxrBots... I was thinking of getting an OEM gel seat.... Now I am wondering given your comments...:beerchug:

Hey GsxrBots... I was thinking of getting an OEM gel seat.... Now I am wondering given your comments...:beerchug:
Don't do it just based on my opinions.. :D

I had a factory Gel seat on my M109r, and it was darned comfy..

But you had to put a towel over the seat if you parked it in the sun, cause that sucker would boil your man juice if you didn't... And it wasn't like the normal ouch, my seat is hot, it stayed hot FOREVER! :banghead:

Don't do it just based on my opinions.. :D

I had a factory Gel seat on my M109r, and it was darned comfy..

But you had to put a towel over the seat if you parked it in the sun, cause that sucker would boil your man juice if you didn't... And it wasn't like the normal ouch, my seat is hot, it stayed hot FOREVER! :banghead:

Well always have to accept other peoples experiences...:beerchug: As I was wanting the seat for a trip out west where I believe it gets warm ish..:whistle: Did the towel work?? When you were riding did it get hot???

Well always have to accept other peoples experiences...:beerchug: As I was wanting the seat for a trip out west where I believe it gets warm ish..:whistle: Did the towel work?? When you were riding did it get hot???

The towel trick usually worked, yes. Most of the time, I would just throw my jacket over the seat unless prying eyes kept me from doing that...

It never really got hot while riding it, but again, once it gets hot, it stays hot...

The towel trick usually worked, yes. Most of the time, I would just throw my jacket over the seat unless prying eyes kept me from doing that...

It never really got hot while riding it, but again, once it gets hot, it stays hot...

Ok... I will take that onboard... would you say it was far more comfortable then the original?? Worth it comfort wise??

I have been riding on an OEM gel for the last 500 miles and I'm about ready to throw it in the trash. Get the foam. Just my thoughts.

I have the Suzuki gel seat and I've had it on there for 5,000 miles. This season it's coming off and I'll be getting something with memory foam. After 5K miles it still hasn't broken in. I haven't had problems with it getting hot.

I'm really disappointed in it. I thought surely by now it would be more comfortable than stock. It's not.

I've had both, and I am in full agreement with GsxrBots, go with the MEMORY FOAM!! The gel is comfortable but when it sits in the sun it's like it's been microwaved!!! It get's very very HOT and STAYS HOT!!

Kevin, I'm actually heading for PCB on Sunday night after this weekend trackdays at Barber :thumbsup:

Back