Mello greetings...

Vigosama

Registered
Well It is time to introduce myself,
 After 3 years of riding this bike I have inherited it. Its a 2000, stock. Just over 27,000 miles. It is a total road dog, She doesn't look so purty  but then neither do I
I do have some questions, like last few times I have tried to download the owners manual I have encountered problems. what gives?
- Do I have to do anything special to winter-ize it for the upcoming Iowa winter?
- is the stock aircleaner a reusable one?
- I havea feeling alot of questions will be solved as soon as I read the owners manual.

busa.jpg

The Air Filter is NOT a reuseable one in My Opinion  
2cents.gif
! It's paper and I change it every 3,000 miles along with the oil and filter. Of course I live in a dusty area of the US so, you could probably get away with changing it every 6 to 10,000 miles
dunno.gif

On winterizing
umnik.gif
, just go get some Fuel Stabilizer, put it in when you fill up for the last time (make sure you TOP OFF the tank). Ride home so it gets in your Fuel lines and injectors; then :::: while the exhaust are warm, put some shop rags in the exhaust outlets (the ends for the rest of us  
laugh.gif
). This will help keep the moisture out during the winter and if you can, put the bike up on a stand and cover it.

"Da" "Da" "Dats" THAT'S ALL FOLKS
hello.gif

welcome.gif

As far as the bike being purdy, I think it looks just fine. I don't thing there is a 'Busa on this forum that isn't some sort of work in progress. At least you started with the best/fastest color.
winkold.gif

I think DaCol covered most of it. I would through in a battery tender to keep the battery charged. Stands to get it off the tires so they don't sit too long on the same spot. just my
2cents.gif

Back