Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I'll learn to get a knee down ...

Kento.jpg

augu10-10 049b.jpg

CM_76171b.jpg

DM_17708.jpg

Kent - you are there man. You just need to stick that knee out and put the crack of your a$$ on the seat edge. Start there.

LaPorte Rd is the perfect place to practice too.

tim_drag1_800.jpg

tim_drag1_800.jpg

I got my left peg on the ground and crapped myself, felt my toes scrub the pavement followed by a grinding sound which I thought was me and the bike polishing the surface of the asphalt with our back sides!!!! :laugh:

You're leaned over plenty far for knee dragging. Just get off the seat a bit and stick the knee out and you'll be there.

It looks like the bike is already there, just waiting for you. I'd put my $$$ (if I had some) that you'll be doing very soon.

I got my left peg on the ground and crapped myself, felt my toes scrub the pavement followed by a grinding sound which I thought was me and the bike polishing the surface of the asphalt with our back sides!!!! :laugh:

Sounds like you need to have your feet set further back on the pegs. If the arch of your foot is resting on the pegs, your feet are positioned incorrectly. Try resting the ball of your foot on the peg.

Anyway, I personally don't think there is any need to get your knee down when riding on the road. Save it for the track. JMO.

like others have said, you have plenty of lean, just need the body position to go along with it...come to Eureka Springs this weekend and i would almost guarantee you will go home with scraped pucks :beerchug:

butt crack on the edge of the seat and head by the mirror/inside shoulder at least on the gas cap.
if your not sliding your upper body over also it kind of negates hanging your butt off.

The head determines the position of the entire body. Your eyes should be facing the mirror. Meaning - shift your butt to the inside, swing your head to the inside, move your upper body low, and stick your knee out. With all of that, you are supposed to find a comfortable position so that you don't tense up. Your outside arm should be resting on the tank comfortably.

Ah, and just curious why do you want to scrape your knee against the road surface? :whistle:

Last edited:
how much butt needs to be off the seat.... i tend to basically put the seat edge right in my butt crack... so about half a butt....

sorry about the graphic images and description...:cheerleader:

I shift the buttocks over a little, butt need a little more, oh and my legs are kinda shorter so it may take a bit more than others would ... :cool:

Thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

Kento-Moto Check this out, i bought this dvd and it help me alot in cornering and position on bike,,

Since i am new to RR bikes, before i was SuperMotard rider. So at home, when i bored i just put dvd and try to remmember some stuff and later inplant in ride..

and it works !! my usual ride is 200 km twistys (when i buy some camera i will make video) and it takes me around 1h,30min hours since i watch it i get there in 1h.10min in 4 attempts and everytime i go i go quicker.(usual time for experience riders at same route is around 50min+-). I learn a lot of stuff from dvd bacause no one can show me, tell me or anything how to corner, so this intructions are very good since i learn all on my own.

- A Twist of the Wrist II on DVD[/url]

practice to the perfection :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you need to have your feet set further back on the pegs. If the arch of your foot is resting on the pegs, your feet are positioned incorrectly. Try resting the ball of your foot on the peg.

Anyway, I personally don't think there is any need to get your knee down when riding on the road. Save it for the track. JMO.

Thanks for the feedback, however I do ride with the ball of my foot on the peg. The outside edge of my foot (where the toe slider is) is what was dragging. Thanks again for the feedback though. :beerchug:

Looks great to me, keep your priorities in oder :thumbsup:

The most important part of taking the turn on a public road is to make it all the way around the turn :laugh:

Many knee draggers forget this part :whistle:

how much butt needs to be off the seat.... i tend to basically put the seat edge right in my butt crack... so about half a butt....

sorry about the graphic images and description...:cheerleader:

Yes half-a-butt or one cheeks worth and he should be good :laugh:

Looks great to me, keep your priorities in oder :thumbsup:

The most important part of taking the turn on a public road is to make it all the way around the turn :laugh:

Many knee draggers forget this part :whistle:

I've never put a knee down on a public road, only at the track.

i have yet to ever drag a knee...and those who have seen me ride..know i can get leaned in a curve...my problem is rotateing my hip to bring my knee out and not wearing gear to allow for knee dragging...so i keep it tucked and know im getting low when my boot scuffs.

Back