May change to the red side

BigBadDodge

Registered
Being a pro welder and playing alot on the side i'm real picky when it comes to my equipment. All we use at the shop is miller for the most part and never could be happier. Have millers at home. Well few months back i got to demo a new lincoln square wave 175 tig at the local welding place when i was in gettin gas. Man it ran great and they were ready to cut me an amazing deal out the door that day. I passed in part that its a lincoln and i've just never had good luck. And the funds werent there for the 1300 out the door:whistle:

So today i run over and grab my neighbors miller synchrowave 180 to weld up a fan shroud i'm building for a buddies truck and i cannot stand the machine. I've welded tons of steel stuff onto race car chassis for him as he has a pace maker and cant weld anymore and it runs amazing. On the aluminum its a pain. Cant get a stable arc, doesnt seem to be responding quite right to the foot pedal....I dunno what to do, all the crap i've talked about lincoln equipment over the years and now i may buy one when the moneys avail?

I'm sad:whistle:

sure the problem isnt between shoulder and wrist :poke:

ive used both lincolns and millers on aluminum, gotta say im particular to miller. to each his own though. alot of guys have "miller killer" on their old sa200's out here :laugh:

Back