maximum acceleration...

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
how do i get the fastest acceleration without lifting the front...

at what rpm should i shift into second?

some jerk in a pick up frakin almost bumped me outta a merging lane. i KNOW if i were more experienced in race bikes and my busa i woulda toasted him and taken the lane.

dont know how to wheelie... so need to find where to shift the fastes without liftin the front. make sense or is it just learn as you go?
rock.gif
??
muscle.gif

(heavybusa @ Sep. 11 2006,20:30) the gurus will be here soon.  

Just wait for it.  
lurk.gif
Why didn't you answer this question!?
rock.gif
:poke:

Ya gotta practice smoke! I've twisted the throttle what I've considered to be pretty hard but the front stayed on the ground.

When trynna jump out in front of someone I normally shift around 9-10.

Hey smoke....there was a thread about best ways to launch.

I believe . Make sure you look at that video clip. That was a good launch w/o lifting the front....although the bike is slammed and stretched.

A search in the forums related to racing should yield a good return.

lean forward?...mannn i sit up ON the tank.

i think i have to roll on the throttle quicker.

but ahhh..."lean" forward as i sit forward...

will this one pay attention this to...hmm...yes...

[yoda]

thanks guys i probably would'nt have leaned way forward thinking cause i sit forward it'd be enough.

I never had the front come up on me just rolling on the throttle until I put a turbo on my bike. On a stock bike just lean forward and pin it. If is starts to lift just shift into the next gear and get on it again like this.

There is a point when you can get too far forward and the rear wil spin...

I routinely have the front off the ground between 1 -2 and 2 -3 when really getting on it. As long as you are forward the front will not do more than hover.

Start Eating More Chicken Wings, and Drinking More Beer, Get A Gut Like A Few Of Us, and Just Hold On.

10_7_5.gif

hamma down , more seat time , experiment different technics , head out to beat up the bike one night , and do just that beat on it a bit ! it feels good , and it seems the more you beat on her the happier she is and the more she wants ! it ll work !
super.gif

You need to lean forward just to keep from flying off and keep your weight forward and roll on the throttle. If you twist the throttle even a quarter then give it more you will be fine, shift around 9 grand and ease on it and there is not a car or truck around that will be near you. A stock Busa does not wheelie that easy anyway. If anything your front tire might come up a few inches and you will not even notice if you are on a straight away. You will be fine. Hit it hard untill you feel it lifting and let off a little. It would be another story if you were on a lighter bike like a r1 or GSXR1000. A Busa is designed to stay planted better.

With questions like this you don't need to be playing in traffic with WOT. You will hurt yourself.

I think you aren't ready to be asking this question. With enough experience, it should just happen naturally. It seems like you are still in fear of what your bike is capable of. I hope you worked your way up the sportbike ladder and have gotten to the busa cause lesser bikes just don't do it for you anymore. I don't want to sound like your dad, but you should learn your bike and you won't be afraid of it. I started with a 750 Kantana, then 900RR, then 954RR, and now the busa. I was VERY confident on each one before I upgraded to the next. I am not cocky, but confident. At this stage, you shouldn't be worrying about the front end lifting. Just get comfortable giving the bike WOT. And not like the turbo vid in this post. Get so that you can hold high RPM's in each gear for more than 2 seconds. Before I went 180mph, I was comfortable holding 160ish for more than a minute on the highway. That way you feel in control the faster you get.
And to answer your question, in 2nd or higher, it won't wheelie more than a few inches at WOT, so give her hell.
beerchug.gif

Back