Marines!

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
To all the Marines here...

I just watched the 2 hour documentary on Lima Company from the Columbus Ohio Reserve Center on the A/E channel. That was quite a moving documentary.

I just wanted to express my sympathies to those Marines that have lost their brothers in combat. Not just for Lima Company, but for all Marines. I can't find the correct words to express how I feel right now, so please forgive me.

The final roll call and the playing of Taps after the gun salute puts a knot in my heart every time.

I am not a Marine, but I am a Sailor. As a part of the honor guard unit at our local VFW, I have the honor of playing Taps at the internment of too many of our brothers and sisters. Every single time I get the call to play, I get the same lump in my throat, and wonder, am I going to make it through this time. So far so good, I have made it thru every time. Nevertheless, that final ceremony for a service member is gut wrenching.

Here is to all my brothers and sisters that don the uniform in the service of our great country, Thank-you and God Bless.

Don
NCC(ss), USN

My son,who is a Marine,serving in Iraq,sent me this poem. Thought the Marines on this board might appreciate it. Sorry if it's been posted before. Thanks to all who serve or have served.

I GOT YOUR BACK

I am a small and precious child, my dad’s been sent to fight…
The only place I’ll see his face, is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud.
My daddy’s got your back.

I am a caring mother; my son has gone to war…
My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud.
My son has got your back.

I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go.
There are times I’m terrified, in a way most never know.
I bite my lip, and force a smile, as I watch my husband pack…
My heart may break, but I am proud.
My husband’s got your back…

I am a U.S. Marine…
Serving proudly, standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine, by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I’ll come home.
It’s me who’s got your back.

Semper Fi
beerchug.gif

My son,who is a Marine,serving in Iraq,sent me this poem. Thought the Marines on this board might appreciate it. Sorry if it's been posted before. Thanks to all who serve or have served.

I GOT YOUR BACK

I am a small and precious child, my dad’s been sent to fight…
The only place I’ll see his face, is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud.
My daddy’s got your back.

I am a caring mother; my son has gone to war…
My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud.
My son has got your back.

I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go.
There are times I’m terrified, in a way most never know.
I bite my lip, and force a smile, as I watch my husband pack…
My heart may break, but I am proud.
My husband’s got your back…

I am a U.S. Marine…
Serving proudly, standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine, by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I’ll come home.
It’s me who’s got your back.
beerchug.gif

I saw that show show on Saturday and it really hits a spot in your heart. I was with a I&I unit during the first part of the war and it was our job to inform the family when a Marine had made the ulitmate sacrifice to his country. Taps is a sound that will always bring a chill to my spine and a lump in my throat. It is a great show if you get a chance to watch it.

I haven't seen that show, but I'll look for it...

I did watch "Baghdad ER" on HBO last week; what a tough show to watch, seeing our guys and gals being targeted by IED's, knowing some die from their injuries, others escape the same attack with little injury. It was tough to see the guys that were near a buddy that was killed; you can see the pain in their face, the fight in them to go on...it was very enlightening yet incredibly sad
sad.gif
Highly recommended for all civilians because we just don't have a clue about what our military is facing in Iraq and that region
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Back