Making sure black bikes "STAY" black?

I have read a bit about the zaino but it seems to be a painfully long process.Whats the best way to break it down??? And how many products do i need to buy for a bike???

It takes me 8 hours when I do my bike with the Zaino. Wash it with dish wash soap to remove wax and other junk. Clay bar the whole bike. Wash again. The are a couple step in the Zaino I put on two coats of the first step and three or four coats of the second step. When I bought their show car kit it came with all the stuff you need and it was 100 bucks I think its alittle more now.

(sageronin @ Jan. 02 2007,05:57) No problems with the black fading on my scoot, but I do try to clean after every ride. My neighbors tease me that I spend more time cleaning the plastic than riding. It's an '03 with 21,000 miles.
That is one Sweet looking ride there mister . And those mirrors are killer . What are they and where did you get them ?

Thanks very much for the compliment. PM sent !! Here's a hyperbikecenters to more info about my '03's make-over done by GPW.

Umair

The show car kit with everything from Zaino is $84.00 , but if you dont want all the detailer , car wash and clay bar .... all you need is the Z2 and Z5 with the zfx accelerator. I buy it by the kit and the detailer spray is really nice (takes the place of honda polish)

8 hours is quite a bit extreme , i can do my 05 F350 crew cab dually in less time then that. If you ever use Zaino , you will use nothing else ever again.

Adam's polishes makes a variety of products which are very easy to use and do a fantastic job. I originally got one of their kits to use on my vette, and now use on the hayabusa. Application is a snap, and the detail spray is great. Even smells great.

thats odd
Ive sprayed many autos with black with no fading

brand of paint maybe?

also
If you have it sprayed again they can add a uv protector to the clearcoat

I dont think its brand of paint , maybe the harsh enviroment of the sunny south. I have used Dupont , PPG and HOK and they all start fading premature or quicker then other colors.

+another user of Zaino.... I started using it in Hawaii. Mixed with the accelerator for quick drying its a snap. I use only HOT water to wash my bike, with a clean fresh micro-fiber cloth, let dry, and wipe off any streaking with a dry micro-fiber cloth. I "detail spray" or "polish" it every other wash, and wax at least once a month. But there are more variables than type of wax. UV Protectant in paint/clear, brand of paint, climate, region, exposure to elements etc.. I look at black vehicles as a labor of love... when you look at them, they are either your run of the mill looking vehicle, or like so many of us, they are the epitome of badazz looking/sinister/beauty in its true form, all depends on whether you take care of them or not.

Cat
I see where you said you let it dry , a trick to that on the bikes is ... if you have a leaf blower , its a big bike dryer LOL.  I use a leaf blower to dry my bike after i wash it , eliminates water spots and those of us with black vehicles/bikes know how easy the water spots pop up on black.

Never thought of leaf ugh Busa blower...but I have been known to use my ir compressor and air gun tip
smile.gif
Normally, with near-scalding hot water, its dry as I walk to the next panel, but yeah
guns.gif
water spots!

No way am i spending 8 hrs cleaning/waxing the bike.Maybe if i had a ferrari id do it but id probably have the money to pay someone to do it for me too
smile.gif

Whats a decent wax to use that wont take the whole day??? Btw i have NEVER waxed anything before.I do use this prowler wash/wax which claims to have a lot of carnauba wax in it.Is it good enough???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back