Make it STICK!!!

snowprophet1

Registered
Just started riding my 05 busa last week for the first time, and I Likey!:thumbsup: The tire that came on it was a very worn-in shinko stealth. Cranking it up the on-ramps, it would brake loose a little. Today I stuck on the like-new spare tire, already on my spare rim, which is a battlax sport touring. Turns out that this tire with great tread spins earlier yet! (35psi).
I intend to put on the stage 1 hahn turbo, and lengthen a smidge if need be, but this tire isn't sticking while the bike is stock! When it's time for the boost, I want this thing to hook and pull like a freight train. What tire do I need?

Right now it is only stock, like stock-stock. What ever the hahn basic kit makes on pump gas is all it is going to get. I'm assuming in the very general ballpark of 250hp, which I'm sure will be a shot in the arm from stock.

If the spare is brand new it needs to be broken in a little. A brand new tire still has oil in the surface that needs to be worked out.

I'm not sure exactly how high up the sides of the tire I can scrub up, but I should get into some good stuff in the center pretty quick. I LOVE acceleration!:beerchug:

Yeah I do too I try to put 100 miles on a new tire scrubbing from side to side alot. Then I just ride around to get mine up to temp and then she hooks real nice.

Im a Pilot Powers 2CT guy too, love them! I switched from the battlax because of the same problem you are talking about. It would also skip out on me in the truns.

Normally-aspirated and turbo are two different animals, especially when it comes to torque. What you can get away with on a normally-aspirated bike can sometimes be marginal (or even useless) on a turbo bike. The best tire we have seen so far for the big hp turbos is the Shinko HOOK UP. This tire has already been used on pro street bikes, is reasonably priced and does not spin . . .:laugh:

Thanks everybody! It was so easy swapping tires the other day (having the extra rim, etc), I'll probably use my old bald tire for playing on the dyno, then after all is set, putting on a shinko hook up. I don't know how long the shinko hook up will last on the street, but it's so easy to swap back and forth, who cares! I'm just bummed I got a stupid ticket in my car this week while running late (65 in a 45). If I can convince the cop to go easy on me to try and not get the points, I'd be thrilled! Thanks again for the good advice!
I know when you change power levels some things that were good enough aren't good enough any more. I have a 96 VW golf (please don't laugh yet), and now has a garrett turbo on it pushing 435hp/442tq, and would spin even in third. I bought some sticky M&H slicks, and went from the 15s down into the 12s! My buddy who just bought his 2000 'vette was dumbfounded and only ran once and gave up. Holeshots are veeeerrrrrrryyyy important!

Back