Shinko Vs New Michelin Rs

No comparison sir . Shinko is a Stink O junk tire in my book . When Michelin tires let big ass FJR1300 wheelie in the rain while dragging a knee , and the hayabusa wheelie too that says it all .
The RS has some good reviews , but truth be told a pilot power 3 up front teamed with a pilot road 4 is the ticket .

I've ran only Michelins since 2008(Power Ones,Power Supersports,etc.),I only average around 4,000 miles on the rear(which is fine since I fart around so much these days I only average 2,000 miles a year)and will keep on running Michelins.:super:

hqdefault.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a good Shinko.

Just my 2 cents here.

Red, *<(;{)-

:fire:

Last edited:
The power one was one of the few tires that will hold 400 hp+ on the street. That's the kind of input I was looking for. The big ass GT4088's power delivery makes it extremely hard to hook up on the street. A power road 4 will spin on dry pavement very easily on a stock bike.

u have no idea how happy I am that ure here.

I'll stick around for you then! Anything I can help with, let me know.

So Michelin RS holds turbo type power well? How do you like the boost compensated clutch?

I love it, but either it slips or I have a boost leak at around 14 psi, so I need to figure this out. It feels just like a stock set up, maybe better.

Back