Maintenance suggestions

sumguitardude

Registered
I just got an 2006 Busa and was wondering what maintenance i should perform on it? I got new brake pads, I'm going to change the oil, going to put on new tires, what else should I do? I am also going to do a radiator flush, the coolant is a really dark green, does anyone have any suggestions how to do the radiator flush? thanks in advance

Hit the chain with some kerosene to clean it up first, then lube it. May wanna check brake/clutch fluids too.

Thanks guys, you gave me some good tips, and thanks for the service manuals. im definitely gonna change out the brake and clutch fluids, clean out the radiator and clean and lube my chain. gonna order some shinko ravens soon and have them mounted on the bike

Make sure you use distilled water and not tap or could possibly rust. I would also change oil,unless pre owner did it buy a new batt. dont want to be riding and find out 100 miles from the house that its bad, speaking from experience ..if you have aftermarket exhaust check and make sure your left side exhaust tube coming down off the engine is not touching your oil line mine rubbed o hole in it found that while riding to canada.:whistle:

Get an owner's manual for the routine stuff. You got the link to the shop manual above for the more detailed stuff. Probably the best place to pick up would be at the 48 month service schedule. It's a repeat of the 24 month schedule in the shop manual , but you have the 4yr replacement items (clutch, brake and fuel lines). And it's not listed in the service schedule, but I'd have the fork oil replaced.

MaintChart.jpg

MaintChart.jpg

that schedule is debatable ...

IE. id replace oil filter every time, leave the hoses alone unless they're cracked, change factory fuel lines because they're gay, replace brake fluid every season ...

Right on! :cheerleader:

Just took the fuel pump apart and swapped out the fuel filter. :thumbsup: Sucky job.

after i opened everything up to replace the filter on my 99, i could not believe what they engeneered under there! lol. straight hose that wont kink do much better job, i put factory metal spring things over them and didnt even bother wrapping the pump, it works awesome! lol, put on10k after with in super heat without issues.

thanks guys, should i also change out the clutch fluid? if so how do i do that?

Check the TABLE that rusheriv above posted for intervals. The service manual details the procedure for that. Best to use a Mighty Vac, available from PASHNIT (site sponsor).

Back