Lycan Wisdom: Teach your children this...

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Webster’s Dictionary holds the following definitions for the words

Wreckage, Salvage and treasure…

wreck⋅age
1. act of wrecking; state of being wrecked.
2. remains or fragments of something that has been wrecked: They searched the wreckage for survivors.

Wreck•age

The act of wrecking or the state of being wrecked.
1. Something wrecked.
2. The debris of something wrecked

Sal⋅vage
1. the act of saving a ship or its cargo from perils of the seas.
2. the property so saved.
3. compensation given to those who voluntarily save a ship or its cargo.
4. the act of saving anything from fire, danger, etc.
5. the property saved from danger.
6. the value or proceeds upon sale of goods recovered from a fire.
–verb (used with object)
7. to save from shipwreck, fire, etc.

Treas⋅ure
1. wealth or riches stored or accumulated, esp. in the form of precious metals, money, jewels, or plate.
2. wealth, rich materials, or valuable things.
3. any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized: This book was his chief treasure.
–verb (used with object)
4. to retain carefully or keep in store, as in the mind.
5. to regard or treat as precious; cherish.
6. to put away for security or future use, as money.

As you travel through your long life, it will be inevitable, that you will reflect on your deeds, accomplishments, successes, failures, friends good times and bad.

As is often the case, you will use these references to assess how your life has managed to steer its course though the passage of time. We often take things we have experienced and use them as lessons, but here, is where it is imperative to look with better eyes.

Your life will take it’s tolls, have it’s ups and downs, goods and bads…you can look at these things as such, or you can simply look at things differently.

As you traverse your life you will leave behind times that may be regrettable to you, and things that you will sometimes try to explain in your head, but take this piece of advice, I hope it carries you through and will change the perspective your life will have.

Here is the lesson:

When you look back on your life, many things you see that have gone by you will consider wreckage, friends lost, relationships, possessions, etc.

But remember this, the waste left behind you is “wreckage”, but when you return to those things and actively seek to understand, or learn from them, you will effectively be in performing your own “salvage”.

It is only when you learn to appreciate experiences, thoughts, memories or possessions that these things TRUELY become Treasures.

The moral of this story is simple:

When you open the coiffeurs of your life to glance at all you have accumulated, make sure that your wreckage does not outweigh your treasures.

God Bless:bowdown:

Last edited:
When you open the coiffeurs of your life to glance at all you have accumulated, make sure that your wreckage does not outweigh your treasures.

God Bless:bowdown:

That's very nice, Angel. Very nice, indeed.

('Coiffeurs' are people who do hair, I think the word you're looking for is 'coffers')

Good sharing!

:beerchug:

Last edited:
That's very nice, Angel. Very nice, indeed.

('Coiffeurs' are people who do hair, I think the word you're looking for is 'coffers')

Good sharing!

:beerchug:

Thats what I SAID DAMMIT:poke::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Maybe I should adopt this as my new slogan to live life by....

because I know the "treat others as you would like to be treated" thing isn't working out too well. :poke:

Yesterday I attended a conference delivered by two survivors of the famous airplane crash in Los Andes in 1972, who survived 71 days at high altitude and extremely low temepratures.

These guys have kept silent until 6 years ago, and now are sharing their treasures from that very real wreckage. Extremly inspiring - your post and their conference.

You can see a (1 hour+ long) documentary titled "Stranded" (the Hollywood "Alive!" was extremely de-caffeinated and had a lot of bad acting) at the following link (english subtitles):
- Stranded! The Andes Plane Crash Survivors 1/11[/url]

(this is the first of 11 parts)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back