Lycan Track Days 2010

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Morning Peeps!

Ok here's my situation. I WILL be acquiring a Track Bike for 2010 and WILL be doing som etrack days, hopefully with a few Org peeps.

So I leave it to the track monkeys to chime in if you will.

My thought is a 600, some will say a 1000.

Right now it's wide open so...your thoughts? I know horsepower vs weight etc, I just wanted to get some insight from the track crack addicts.

So let's go!:thumbsup:

I say,................Hmmmmmmm??? TURBO BUSA!!!:poke: What's UP,...Brother?!! Hope to see ya at the Spring Bash!!

Not to give you a complex but.... you would be awesome on a 600 or a 750 with your size. You will never be able to use the power of the 1000 on the track.

I say,................Hmmmmmmm??? TURBO BUSA!!!:poke: What's UP,...Brother?!! Hope to see ya at the Spring Bash!!

Sup homey! Well so far Im planning on going to the Bash, if the world dont blow up first..oh wait thats 2012..nevermind i"ll be there:thumbsup:

You can use my sporty any time Angel. {smooches} :whistle:

:rofl::rofl:Yeah now THAT would be awesome, yes dear I wanna learn to drag a knee on the track and I think I shall do that on your Sportie:laugh::laugh:

Not to give you a complex but.... you would be awesome on a 600 or a 750 with your size. You will never be able to use the power of the 1000 on the track.

Johnnie!

Saw you last night on 360 but was busy finishing the game and didnt get on line..

I was thinking 600 or 1000...COMPLETELY forgot about the 750's duh! I defintely want something light to throw around, and for me its more about the skill than the speed, I"m already used to getting spanked by the likes of you so I can be last:rofl::rofl::poke:

Johnnie!

Saw you last night on 360 but was busy finishing the game and didnt get on line..

I was thinking 600 or 1000...COMPLETELY forgot about the 750's duh! I defintely want something light to throw around, and for me its more about the skill than the speed, I"m already used to getting spanked by the likes of you so I can be last:rofl::rofl::poke:
Haven't even played the campaign yet, up to level 66 now online I think. Have over 36 hours of play time invested so far :whistle:

Angel, I bought a 1K; I wanted a bike that would be lighter, but similar enough in power and weight to my Busa so that I didnt' get too confused when switching between bikes. The 1K is plenty light for the track, and the rest is all throttle control.

I forget how fat you are.... :rofl: (long legs dont matter here)

<200lbs.. 600/750

The liter bike will work but it will require that you master throttle control pretty quickly or you will throw the bike down..

I would bet your skills improve the quickest with the 600... Still requires great throttle control but you get a bit more margin for error.. I just think that taking some of the work away from the power issue lets you re-focus on riding style and skills..

I WISH I had a smaller bike for the track.. (may just be getting one this winter :whistle: )

get the 600......tear it a new one!!!!! you will be able to run it to its limits:thumbsup::thumbsup: 1k is alright but a lil less fun because you have to be more moderated ...I have a 1k track and rode my friend 600...man I really had a blast with that one..any how both are great in the end:thumbsup:

Angel, I bought a 1K; I wanted a bike that would be lighter, but similar enough in power and weight to my Busa so that I didnt' get too confused when switching between bikes. The 1K is plenty light for the track, and the rest is all throttle control.

Yup..thats kinda the scope I was thinking in but didint want to get counter productuve in the effort which is why I am also thinking 600...

I forget how fat you are.... :rofl: (long legs dont matter here)

<200lbs.. 600/750

The liter bike will work but it will require that you master throttle control pretty quickly or you will throw the bike down..

I would bet your skills improve the quickest with the 600... Still requires great throttle control but you get a bit more margin for error.. I just think that taking some of the work away from the power issue lets you re-focus on riding style and skills..

I WISH I had a smaller bike for the track.. (may just be getting one this winter :whistle: )

215 lbs Bogus if ya must know:laugh::laugh:and yes my focsu is on the skills side not necessarily the speed in it...

'Zuk GSXR 750~~! Perfect compromise and a bike that lives to eat track asphalt :thumbsup: Have fun & enjoy!

suzuki_22.jpg

Since you are already familiar with the power of the Busa I would say go with a 1K.

This whole 'you'll never get everything out of a 1K' are strange words coming from folks riding around on a 1300cc / 170hp beast that 98% of us will......... never realize all its got!

Besides, nothing worse than buying a bike and then having to upgrade later. Take your time, learn the bike then go have fun!

My $.02...

Back