Should I go to Track Day tomorrow

Should I go to Track Day tomorrow - in the rain?

• Go to track day, rain or shine - you already paid $150

Votes: 25 100.0%
  • Stay home and write it off - you'd waste more time HOPING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why you asking us?  You already decided your answer

• What's a TRE?

• Are you going to eat that?

• Total voters

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
0,,1578052_1,00.jpg

I'm torn on this one. What would YOU do?

Without attempting to bias the poll, here's how I'm feeling about it now:

- I've paid a non refundable $150. that is gone either way now
- It is supposed to rain most fo the day tomorrow
- I would be leaving at 6am for a 2 hour ride out, in the rain, to hang at the track all day and play Nintendo Gameboy, hoping MAYBE for some clear weather to hit the track, then ride back home another two hours, probably in the rain, it will probably be cold also at 70 mph

... so I loose 14 hours of life, spend another $50 on gas, and tire wear, money for breakfast, lunch dinner, and POSSIBLY not even get on the track?

Is the gamble worth $150 for maybe 30 minutes of track time? I'm thinking no.

What do ya think? Take one for the team, stay home and have other fun, or get some stuff done, or waste a day in misery HOPING to get some track time?

Dude... You can learn more in the rain than on sunny perfect track...

Besides, it slows things down a little bit while ratcheting up the Focus level required.
super.gif

WHOA... Rain= NO TRACK TIME? WTF?

You know that wouldn't work here in the NorthWet. Track days are ran Rain or Shine, I don't think they'll let you out there on slicks though.

Oh, Get a trailer for the Miata. Put the Busa on the trailer... That eliminates "SOME" of the Hell you might endure...

Rain=smooth rider inputs required. no exceptions.

great way to learn

ya know... I don't know.... I know rain riding is good practice, but I also know I HATE riding in wet and NEVER do it on the street because I don't enjoy it. Going in a strait line on a long trip is nothing, but on a track that is mostly turning, the possibly of a slide out multiplies times 4 and I have no interest in sliding my busa just to practice better rain control - even if the spinning helps dry road control.

If I had a track only bike, yeah, I'd go without thinking.... but this is my HAYABUSA. I will never race, so rain racing is not on the menu - could care less about getting good at that. In rain, if you don't have good throttle and turn control, you go down, not like on dry pavement where much correction is possible. I'm leaning toward 80% at not going. If the weather changes overnight - as it often does - and it's only raining a little, I will go. I just gotta get up early and check it out.

Thanks for the input. I HATE the thought of missing my first track day of the season, AND dumping 150 bucks, but TIME cost me a lot too... and I hate the thought of throwing THAT out even more

The rain coming through the mid-west is supposed to be on and off all weekend. Chances are that there will be dry track for several of the sessions. I'd go.

I went to 2 trackdays in march - both cancelled due to rain. They gave us credit for future day.

I ride rain or shine....it just makes cleaning up the bike a little extra work. I haven't had any traction issues.

I say go for it, you know how crazy today's weather can be. It can pour down 2 miles away and be sunny in your backyard. You've paid, it is worth the trip.
super.gif

If you can find a way to get your bike there without riding it, I'd say go for it. But riding your bike to a trackday isn't a great idea in sunny weather, let alone wet weather. Goodluck if you do go
beerchug.gif
I'll also be doing a trackday on sunday and it calls for rain. I will just wait it out or just take it easy.

yeah, thanks for waking me up guys. without a girl around, I sometimes forget I have nads!! I'm pretty determined to go now... like I was a week ago, rain or shine. I'm out prepping the bike, final tweaks for a successful track day: gathering rain gear, 43 PSI in the tires for the trip out, checking fluids and bolts, maybe wash her off, fill the tank, go to bed early

one wet trip on a 200mile purple line and I'm there!

trek.JPG

(BusaWhipped @ May 25 2007,18:32)
(WWJD @ May 25 2007,18:06) without a girl around, I sometimes forget I have nads!!
I thought it was the girls job to make you forget you have nads.
laugh.gif
naw.... DATING you are reminded you're a man and glad to be one... after MARRIAGE, yours are kept in her purse

so I've heard...
....and seen,
....and read about
biggrin.gif

Bike's prepped! All stuff packed. Gameboy has fresh batteries. Nads... check! Kickstand is going up at 5:55am tomorrow.

Thanks for the inspiration. It will be GREAT to be riding, rain or not, AND maybe getting on the track

Shoot, run it in the rain. Wet pavement is perfect for increasing smoothness. However, there is a bigger chance of falling and tearing something up. I use to practice on dirtbikes in snow and ice.

Back