Lurking Member intro and Q's

MrEnizzle

Registered
What’s up my fellow Busa lovers..

Names Henry from Texas! and no I don’t ride a horse lol, after many years owning a variety of bikes especially my all time favorite "TL1000R" for obvious reason.. I had always wanted a Hayabusa, as a lover of cruising and fat bikes, the busa had been a dream of mine and I told myself lord willing one day I would own one. As a hobby / second Job, I customize " to my best abilities" and sell bikes so I sold my beloved Custom TL1000R for a 06 Busa. Although I loved my TL with all the hard work i put into it, I’m loving the busa 10x more!

I’ve been lurking for a while just collecting info and searching through all the things I want to do to my bike and thought I’d finally make a intro post. So here are a few pics of my Buse and one of the Tiller i sold for her.. Questions to follow the pics..

01 TL1000R all work performed by myself...

IMAG1235.jpg

My 06 "Scamillian" Buse

20120601_132003.jpg

20120306_115710.jpg

20120308_175914.jpg

20120306_115655.jpg

20120712_213929.jpg

20120601_131930.jpg

Now for a few Q’s..

I have a 240 C and S Swing arm kit with RC Components Wheels that I am planning on installing. I have done quite a bit of searching but wanted a few more definite answers…

I see that all 240 kits require cutting the frame for the chain to have clearance, as well I will need an aftermarket sprocket? what I couldn’t find was a link to the sprocket needed? If anyone can post a link if possible,

Also while running the 8.5†Rim, is the 240 the widest I could go or would 250 and maybe even 260 be an option? From the looks of it the swing arm can take the tire, the only real issue I see is the sprocket cutting into the tire but could a spacer be used?

Any help and info is always appreciated!

i am really likeing that paint job on the busa....very nice!! :welcome:

I ran an Avon Storm 250 on my All Things Chrome 240 kit, no issues with rubbing.

Sprocket ya need.

MYRTLE WEST 240-1/4" Offset Front Wide Tire Sprocket 17T 530 (MWSP-102) Hayabusa | eBay

WELCOME

All things chrome has as em too, I do see em listed, but they're pretty helpful over the phone, I recall their price being a bit lower too.

Sweet Thanks for the info.. any pics of your Buse?

Thanks all for the comps.. I love the paint job also.. Only problem is that there are a few spots that need touch ups "minor scratches and chips" but the only problem is that you cannot touch up Kamellion paint. You have to re paint the whole damn bike. Which suckes since the paint is HOK Kamillion Paint and runs $400 a PINT!! The bikes takes a little over a quart to paint and thats just for the color nothing else. So were talking like $1200 just for color!! no base no clear. Little steep for my blood right now, but she still looks damn good so im not in any rush to repaint her yet... just me being picky about it not being perfect I guess.

Welcome. Bike looks good man. Are you running her w/o a front fender ?

Yup, Bike is crazy low and the fender would hit the Rad if i hit a hard bump. Also I actually like the look of no fender.. Especially when I put on my RC wheels soon. Show them bad boy off!

Welcome to the Org fellow TL brother!!! I was on the Zone and the Planet for awhile. I regret letting my TL go:banghead::banghead::banghead:

0206_keaton.jpg

bikepics-365038-full.jpg

Welcome to the Org fellow TL brother!!! I was on the Zone and the Planet for awhile. I regret letting my TL go:banghead::banghead::banghead:

ooohh yeaaa.. I love TL's.. I’ve owned 4 of them! the TLR was my First Bike.. well i consider it my first "Real Bike" it was actually my second but my first was a Ninja EX500.. Which I cart wheeled down the road and blew up lol. I also owned a S.. which I hate S's but his one was sick!

Can’t find a pic of my first.. it was the 99 Blue white and Black scheme. Here’s my others I've owned...

IMAG1676_zps04730fed.jpg

IMAG0325_zps0a0a6eb7.jpg

Video of me at the track with it racing a ZX14 Turbocharged.. Damn that thing was quick, but i was quick off the line..

th_VIDEO0117.jpg

IMAG0532_zpsf54584ce.jpg

20120723_120409.jpg

20120723_120356.jpg

20120723_120511.jpg

Back