LOWERING

STINGAREE98

Registered
I want to lower my 04 busa, i already bought the links for the back and am wondering if there is any other way to lower the front without buying a new triple tree. I kinda don't like the way the forks look when they stick up too much from the tree. I hear a couple of people talking about straps...what do they do and where can I get them if it'll help me?

thanx

Ricky

If you want it done correctly you're going to have to get the tree...the straps are for drag racing in a straight line only...if you attempt to do every day riding with a strap you're run into some serious steering issues that will prove dangerous when riding on the street.

you can get bar risers. They go under the triple tree and allow the forks to slide up farther. You can go with reapers($40) or GenMars ($100+).

A strap is for drag racing and is not meant to be used on the street. It attaches to your front brake caliper bolt and you can compress the front shocks with a "tie down" sort of strap. Works well but not meant for the street.

I would suggest searching for reaper and genmar risers and see which one you like better and go that route. They are both considerably cheaper than a new triple.

Back