Lowering the front end...

NEMESIS127

Registered
CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME ADVICE ON CHAEPLY LOWERING THE FRONT END ON MY 05 LE I JUST WANT LIKE AND INCH OR TWO... I DONT WANT TO GET INTO CUTING THE FORK TUBES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT SO NEED TO KNOW HOW EVERYONE IS DOING THIS....:thumbsup:

you can either get spacers or you can replcae the top yoke. I think the cheapest would be the spacers but the replacement yokes are pretty cheap too. There are plaenty of sponsors here that can help you out. :thumbsup:

If i go down 1.5 in the front will i have any problems on the street? This is for looks only so if there are problems that go with it, is it even worth doing ?

you'll have to check your fender to horn clearance and just make sure your brake lines are rounted properly. If you go with spacers then you may need to check your lever to fairing/windscreen clearance.

spacers are the cheapest.
If you go too low you will bottom out.
Try 1" spacers and see how you like it, wont be too much extra that needs to be done by only going 1".

You put in the spacers then slide the forks back up to the triple tree cover.

Do you any a line on the 1" spacers ? Any custom ones out there maybee with the busa logo ingraved ... Thats the way im gonna go ive found some threds that go into good detail on this thanks for all the info :beerchug:

I got a set of risers with the bolts for Soupys. $20 shipped I think, took 20 minutes to install.:thumbsup:

For safety I wouldn't go much more then an inch down in the front. You will also need to tighten the front suspension to prevent bottoming out on the lower trim.

People that do cut springs and go lower will remove that lower panel.

Changing the upper tree assembly will also cause the handle bars to move out and forward to clear the fork tubes.
Stock:
100_4193.jpg

A/M skeleton design:
DSCI0046.jpg

The cheapest way is the risers or spacers. Be careful when rolling the bike around, from memory if you hit the mechanical stop turning left you will lock the front brake and stiffen your left leg quickly ...

Back