Low fuel light

RedBusarider

Registered
Can anyone tell me how much fuel should be left in the tank
when the low fuel light comes on? I've looked through the service manual
and couldn't find info on that. I have a 2004 LE model if it matters.

I'm about to put the bike away for the winter and then work on putting
on a cruise control and will need to remove the tank so I wanted it as low
as possible before taking it off. However I don't want to get stranded and have to push it home!

Thanks in advance for any info.

I didnt even know it had a "low fuel light"..haha

I always have a 5gal container of gas on hand,cheap enough to go buy a container:beerchug:

I've only ran mine down to where the light came on once. But the best I could tell when filling it is, around 1/2 gallon, maybe a little more.

Last edited:
If your fuel light is on it's safe to take it off. There is a check valve in the tank that doesn't let the gas come back. Every track night I can run 10 passes with my gass light on. :thumbsup:

i think about .5 gallons. I've ran it there a couple times and that became my conclusion (right or wrong:dunno: but thats what I came up with)

If your fuel light is on it's safe to take it off. There is a check valve in the tank that doesn't let the gas come back. Every track night I can run 10 passes with my gass light on. :thumbsup:

Have you tried 11:laugh:

Never seen mine, Bikes to heavy to be pushing to a gas station and its damn sure not going to sit on the side of the road while I walk or grab a ride to one.

about .5 gallon

That's definitely not right. I get 38 miles to the gallon, it's a 30 mile ride to work and I can get to work, go to lunch and get gas on my way home. That's leavin for work with the light on. . . I'm gonna go with the guys that say somewhere between 1-1.5 gallons.

Gen1 is about 1.3...if it is a CA model, then it's 1.0...Gen2 is about 1.4 :beerchug:

Back