Lose of power

K1CKSTER

Registered
Hi all, I am struggling with my 02 Busa, I will lost any mods I have done first:

1. Throttle clip = 1/8 so the throttle hoes to full throttle with half the twist than the original 1/3 = quick response throttle for full throttle twists.

2. Rear sprocket = gone from a 40 tooth up to a 43 tooth = increased acceleration and slightly lower top end in each gear, the speedometer reads faster than i am actually going.

3. Jack up kit = rear end raised by 45mm increased handling and feels great in the bends.

Now the problem,

As mention (1), I have a quick response throttle and this allows me to go full throttle really quickly, the Bike hits about 6000rpm and then feels like it is struggling to go above this rmp, I ease off the throttle slightly and the rmp starts to go above the 6000rpm, this is giving me massive amounts of frustration as my mate on his yammy xjs900 thinks he is the dogs bollocks now. It is like the bike is trying to demand more fuel than it can get and easing off the throttle reduces the demand obviously.

I wonder in the speedo reading faster than I am actually going (due to bigger rear sprocket) will have an impacted on this problem? I know that the throttle clip and jack up kit will have nothing to do with the problem as they are structural changes but the sprocket is having an effect on my speedo which in turn I wonder if it could have an effect on the mixture (petrol+air) possibly?

Any suggestions?

20231125_145445.jpg

Back