Looks like Michelin is coming out with new tires.

mysticblu999

Registered
Looks like Michelin is coming out with new tires. Power Super Sport and Power 3. The Power 3 looks like it will replace the Pure (which hasn't been out long) and the Power Super Sport looks like it will replace my favorite tire ever, the Power One. :evil:
The weird thing is that, I can't find out anything on the Power Super Sport. Nothing.

michelin-power-supersport_zpsf97c49a4.jpg

michelin-quatre-pneus-radiaux-pilot-power_hd_zps9d5400d1.jpg

I'm not a michelin man but I thought the Power One was a race tire? The power one was never very popular around the track in the NW. I find it odd that michelin would now call a race tire "Power Sport". Correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm not a michelin man but I thought the Power One was a race tire? The power one was never very popular around the track in the NW. I find it odd that michelin would now call a race tire "Power Sport". Correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, the Power One was a race tire... I used the Power Pure for a while and it were great! I love them! I think I'll try the Power 3 in the future... I assume is a 3 compound tire... Sounds great

Need some info......... How is the contact patch? How is the grip? What about water repelency? Does it now have 3 compounds? :wtf:

wat kinda racing r u referring to?

The kind where people drive around looking for the finish line... Wheres that stickpoke smilie...
im assuming he means road race since he is a road race guy but the power one is quite popular at the drag strip. I think im gonna give the power one or whatevers replacing it a shot this season to compare againt my shinko hookup

im assuming he means road race since he is a road race guy but the power one is quite popular at the drag strip. I think im gonna give the power one or whatevers replacing it a shot this season to compare againt my shinko hookup

Yea, I'm sure tuf is talking about road racing. And yes the power one is popular at the strip and will be on my bike next as well. Supposedly decent mileage compared to the mickey thompson or stinko

Wow dont say it a new Year so a new model, or part number!
Oh my what should i do

:whistle:

All the Turbo Busas here making 500HP are running the michelins. Hardly ever see a Stinko at the track only at the local bike nights on the swingarm extension squid bikes.

If Michelins get any stickier the local cities are going to increase road tax on motorcycles for pulling up asphalt with these tires, Can the best get any better :dunno:

If Michelins get any stickier the local cities are going to increase road tax on motorcycles for pulling up asphalt with these tires, Can the best get any better :dunno:

:laugh:

I had the Power Ones on my turbo bike and loved 'em,soon as i wear out these stockers on my Gen II i believe i'll get a set.:thumbsup:

And coming in 2014, Michelin introduces the Pilot Power Wood 1 tire.

Pros:
  • Environmentally friendly - no tax for disposal
  • Natural bark tread makes the tire at home in the street as well as off-road
  • Tire swells when wet to increase contact patch size providing better wet weather performance
  • Low cost - grow your own

Cons:
  • Splinters possible when changing tires
  • Possible fire hazard (burnouts not recommended)
  • Longevity - depending upon riding style, tire may need replacing weekly

WoodTires.png

I switched to a Power One at the end of last year so I don't have to many passes on it, but so far I couldn't be happier with it. Seems like it takes a little more heat to get it sticky compared to the Shinko's and it seems to be showing less wear too

I switched to a Power One at the end of last year so I don't have to many passes on it, but so far I couldn't be happier with it. Seems like it takes a little more heat to get it sticky compared to the Shinko's and it seems to be showing less wear too

Mine lasted all year running 3 classes at 12 different races and at least if not more TNTs. It was sticky all the way though the tread down to the wear bars. Ill try to post a pic later of how far the tire got down. I was able to run above 20psi the whole year also.

Mine lasted all year running 3 classes at 12 different races and at least if not more TNTs. It was sticky all the way though the tread down to the wear bars. Ill try to post a pic later of how far the tire got down. I was able to run above 20psi the whole year also.

A friend of mine ran one the entire season last year on his 2012 GSXR-1000 with a 12in over arm and the tire still has atleast half life left on it. Like I said, I didn't get many passes on it and I was still trying to find a sweet spot for PSI, but you're right that it seems like you can run a lot more air in these tires

Back