looking to coat my exhaust

glov7801

Registered
Hey guys, I just bought my first busa, an orange and black 08. Its has a stainless exhaust right now, and i want to make the pipes and mufflers black. I was thinking black chrome, but i dont know how that would stand up to the heat of the exhaust. And I don't really want something that glossy. Is there something else i can coat the exhaust in that will withstand the heat?
Greg

I powder coated my midpipes with standard powder coat black. I too thought i should use the high heat powder, but the guy i took it too said i should be fine. Have maybe 8000 miles or more on since i did it and no color loss or discoloration at all.

I did Ceramic coating inside and out on my 998, but they look like a satin black.
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

yeah pm Greg at HPC he does the coatings

Greg hooked me up ! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

100_0222__Large_.jpg

346.jpg

wm_normal_100_0254.jpg

wm_normal_100_0256_989310.jpg

I am consolidating what we do, use Jet-Hot. Just expect to see the stuff in a couple of weeks. :beerchug:

you can either send them out to be pro coated and baked or you can just buy some rattle cans yourself. Granted the inside wont get coated but you can make the outside look nice.

I would recomend Calico to anyone.

Last edited:
Is 1300 degrees enough or should we only be looking at the 2000? I just got my Brocks pipe and want to coat the headers. What is the benefit of using Jet-Hot over Performance Coatings? The Jet-Hot cost is almost double for the 2000 degree coating.

Is 1300 degrees enough or should we only be looking at the 2000? I just got my Brocks pipe and want to coat the headers. What is the benefit of using Jet-Hot over Performance Coatings? The Jet-Hot cost is almost double for the 2000 degree coating.

Jet Hot is a powdered ceramic. They clean the parts and spray insides and out. The heat differential is amazing.

I have Jet Hot on RS3 pipes which you can touch in a couple of minutes after riding and not get burned. 4+ years and 45,000 miles and the pipes look like the day they were reinstalled.

Back