ceramic coating and powdercoat

dsbunton646

Registered
can anyone recommend a place to send my mid pipes and small parts so they can be coated black. i need the pipes ceramic coated and the pegs, levers, rearsets and etc powdercoated in a matching black. i have no experience with anyone and was looking for someplace that has a good rep. thanks. oh yeah, a good price too!

PB100142.jpg

very nice ninja killer! that's what i am looking for. what finish is that, flat or semigloss black? was it expensive for the work? i must know more!:laugh:

very nice ninja killer! that's what i am looking for. what finish is that, flat or semigloss black? was it expensive for the work? i must know more!:laugh:

It is a flat black, I don't remember off hand what it cost but I know if you play you pay. Well worth every penny!! :thumbsup:

That bike looks hot!!! Thats the look I'm going for also. I have the exaust,carbon fiber frame sliders, carbon fiber wind screen,carbon fiber gel seat, angle eye, and next step is to black everything out. I'm not sure what color to go with eather the 08 has a black frame and the plastics are like charcole gray.:thumbsup:

thought i'd give an update.... except there isn't much to update. i shipped the pipes out along with my buddies gsxr pipe on the february 12th to jet hot in NC. i have since placed numerous phone calls and been given the we'll call you back speech at least three times. the first two times they couldn't even find the pipes. after i located my ups receipt, i checked the confirmation and it arrived on the 18th and was signed for. they then tell me they have found my 4-2-1 header and the bracket. i told them there was no header, just three seperate midpipes and a bracket. they said they would recalculate the quote (the first was done by phone $180-$225, the 2nd by mail $325) for the third time and be sure to call me back asap. that was this morning around 11:00am or so. i never heard from them. they also had the bracket listed as sterling when i was specific about all parts semi-gloss black. at this point i don't know if they have my parts, if they have lost them, if they are going to give me another price quote after i have already given them a credit card # twice. i told them today that i wasn't concerned with the money (quote) i just wanted to know what the status was and how long i will have to wait. they said thay would call me back.. :whistle:???
anyone else that used them have a problem? I know its only been anout three weeks but i was told on the phone 14 day turnaround. looks like they don't even know where their at after three weeks. WTF?

well that bites... we do a lot of work with them and have never had issues... they are used to working with deadlines for race teams and so am surprised you are having problems.. Who are you working with over there?

i have spoken to two different females, i can't remember their names, and a Gus Gusler i think was his name. he was supposed to call me back today but never did. they are very friendly and courteious, but just can't seem to give me any info.

maybe it is just the NC location, but you would think their Corp location would be on top of it?

Keep us up to date. I have a friend that is about to pull the trigger on some coating as well.

Ok so I called back today around 1:30pm or so. I spoke with Mr. Gusler again and he assured me he had it all straightened out. He said one of the pipes had gotten scratched in the process and that was the hold up. He advised they would ship out to me early next week. He also corrected the mailed quote and the alleged price will be a lot cheaper than the $325.00. So if all goes as stated I'll have them back by next friday. I must say, even though there was a little mix up, and i had to do most of the calling, the staff was always pleasant to speak with. Seems this incident is probably isolated and uncommon. That is usually my luck with just about everything so I am used to it. At least, for the moment, its all straightened out.

I am very curious if you have any pictures of the completed work.

Thanks man.

I would also be interested in knowing how the Jet Hot holds up with use on motorcycle pipes. A lot of custom powder coaters are now doing Ceramics, I do not but I know they hold up well. I have coated a lot of pipes for bikes, and several sets of headers and exhaust manifolds for autos, with high temp powders. The powders seem to hold up well, but lose some of the sheen.

Back